Hop pellets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSamu

Reaction score
I have a question I hope someone can help. After the boil I added hop pellets. Should I strain the wort prior to placing it in the carboy or just pour it in and hope it settles. I do strain the wort will the flavor be weaker?

Thanks
Mike:mug:

You can go either way. Straining or not straining will not change the flavor of your beer. Having the hops in the fermentor will add to the sediment layer when the beer is finished. This layer will hold some of your beer. This may diminish the amount of beer you can siphon out by roughly 8 to 12 ounces or so.
I strain to harvest cleaner yeast after the fermentation.

I usually strain when transferring from the brewpot to the fermenter, but it will still settle out with time or cold-crashing.

I usually strain when transferring from the brewpot to the fermenter, but it will still settle out with time or cold-crashing.

It will settle. Don't worry about any of the hop pellet stuff. It will not harm your beer. Straining your hops and all the ways out there is overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back