Hop Hash ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger5150

Reaction score
I cannot find too much info online about this stuff.

I have about a pound of Hop hash and and I am not too sure how to use it. I have tried Sweetwater Brewings Hop hash beer and it tastes great.

Does anyone know how best to use Hop Hash and what quantities ?

Thank you

I recently got some and had similar questions and resurrected an older thread a little while back, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=581522
There is some useful info in this thread and it seems the consensus is it's best to use for a very late addition or as a dry hop. Take a look at post #21. It links to another forum discussion where the poster claims he had much better results creating a tincture with the hop hash (although the user only has one post). I haven't gotten around to using mine yet, but it seems like it might take a little experimentation.

The alpha is supposed to be low to mid 30's in the hash I got from Yakima valley hops. I was gonna use it in place of 3 oz at flame out

I cannot find too much info online about this stuff.

I have about a pound of Hop hash and and I am not too sure how to use it. I have tried Sweetwater Brewings Hop hash beer and it tastes great.

Does anyone know how best to use Hop Hash and what quantities ?

Thank you

Not sure how link other posts but I started one on here where i did 2 batches one with hash and one with pellets (all citra) all at flameout, whirlpool, and dryhop. I used warrior for bittering and a little amarillo mid boil (i still wanted to make beer i wanted fo drink) but then split the batches and did one with the hops and one with the hash. I used 2:1 pellets to hash. I have had several people including me do triangle test and no one has been able to consistently pick the odd beer.

I have two packets of Citra hash in the freezer right now and have thought about how to best use them. My guess is that the hash is best for when you're hopping with a massive amount of AA as the hash shouldn't have as much of the green/grassy/vegetable flavor as whole leaf or pellets.

I would dry hop with them since they're supposed to be all about the extra oils/volatiles. Past December I added 2oz (about 4 days dry hop) of Simcoe hop hash to a 6% Black IPA. Turned out incredible and was extremely citrusy but smooth. Only problem was they clogged my dip tube, first time fermenting in a 10 gal keg!

Back