Honey blonde ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamster

Reaction score
Guys I have an extra 5 gallons of honey blonde sitting in a carboy. Wasn't the best of blondes. Drinkable just not great. Since I already have 5 gallons of the regular stuff kegged is there anything you guys would do to spice up this batch after fermentation?

Put it back into a fermenter and add 4lbs of your favorite berry. Bam, berry blonde :mug:

ETA: I just noticed it's still in the carboy, perfect.

I did just that but I put 3 pounds of raspberries. Not being a fruit beer guy I kind of overlooked that option. Can't wait to try the final product!

Whelp, the addition of fruit killed my idea. So for the sole purpose of future google search results, my recommendation would have been to dry hop with a fair amount of El Dorado, maybe 2 oz. While your beer would be off-style, I think it would have improved the final product (though it is difficult to say without seeing the recipe).

Dry hopping came to mind as well. But I was wanting more of a flavor enhancement/change then an aroma addition. In retrospect I should have split the batch and tried both. Maybe next time. Thanks for the tip!!

Back