HomeBrewSupply.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter_le five

Sheriff Underscore
Reaction score
Placed my order in the evening, and it shipped the next day. Got everything I paid for, and quickly. Can't really ask for more. ;)

The web site design is clean and easy to use, and the recipe builder function is a nice feature. Will buy from them again.

www.homebrewsupply.com

I decided to order from them since they are a new company and wanted to give them a shot. Even though it was large order, it shipped with 48 hours. Everything was vacuum sealed ans well marked. There was a small issue which was quickly amended, much to my satisfaction.

Their recipe building is the same format as brewers friend, which will also let you save your recipes and order them.

I was very happy with my purchase and will order from them again.

Has anyone ever ordered from this company?

I recently ordered an Irish Red Ale Extract Kit for this company. There shipping times were less than average. When the kit arrived there was no muslin bag for the specialty grains and no priming sugar. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

All the specialty grains were ground and packaged as I requested. The instructions were generic, in the extreme and there was nothing that told me when the single 1.25oz package of hops should be added.

I am new to this addiction called home brewing. In fact this is only my 3rd batch and my first batch won't go to bottles for 3 more days. But every kit I have ordered to date has had EVERYTHING included. I rechecked the website and there is nothing on the kit page that says that it does not include the bag or priming sugar.

So I'm just throwing this out there to see what experience others have had with this company, or if I'm just WAY off base on this one. I did zip off an email to them explaining this.

Hey there Whip,

I'm glad to hear that you got your package in good timing, but I am extremely sorry that you ran into those issues. We are a relatively new company, having only been open for 6 months, and because of that we still have to deal with occasional kinks like the one you had to experience.

Feedback like this is exactly what we need though in order to refine our processes and give you guys the best service we can. We truly do care about giving our community the best. Everyone in our company from ownership to warehouse packers are personal Hombrewers so we honestly do understand the frustration when things like this occur.

I hope you give us the chance by visiting us again to prove that we are constantly trying to make our website and staff as efficient as possible, the best way possible, by actually doing it.

In the mean time I have sent you a PM. We will have refined instructions and that muslin bag on their way to you first thing tomorrow. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to make things right. Until then, Happy Brewing!

-Chris

Really great to hear that you guys had a good experience with us. We are still a young company so affirmation like this is music to our ears! If there is anything that you can think of that would make us even better please let me know.

Thanks again and Happy Brewing!

-Chris

So I'm at work having a day from HE!! and my phone rings. It's a Houston Texas number. I figure it a telemarketer or paid fund raiser so I let it go. Then I get notified that I have a new voicemail. The person politely gave there name, some information and asked me to return their call.

So I called Chris at homebrewsupply.com He thanked me for my email/feedback and then proceeded to inform me that they were not shipping just the muslin bag and priming sugar that was missed, but that they were shipping that and an entire new kit of the Irish Red Ale.

Chris and I chatted for about 15 minutes, but then work intruded and I had to go.

I would have been happy with them just shipping me the priming sugar since the kit had already been brewed. I ran to WallyWorld and picked up 2 packages of cheesecloth and made a bag for steeping the specialty grains out of that. It worked just fine so I was happy. I never expected a phone call let alone an entire second kit!

So, thank you very much to Chris at HOMEBREWSUPPLY.COM I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the personal touch as well as everything else you've done for this new home brewer.

After reading this review, and checking out their website, I have a few comments.

Their website was refreshing to navigate. Easy use and nicely formatted.

Their prices look very comparable to other sites I have ordered from.

Customer service is the most important thing to me, as I use to be in a sales business and service always comes first. After how they treated whip, I definitely look forward to doing some of my business with them.

We really appreciate the kind words from you guys! And we were more than happy to make that happen @whip. It will be cool to see how the those two recipes turn out for you. Let us know how they go.

If you haven't checked out the @brulosopher already then you owe it to yourself. With two of the same recipes you could definitely get some inspiration from that guy.

Hi, all,

I placed an order with homebrewsupply.com on black friday. It should have shipped the following monday. They neglected to tell me that they were out of the variety of hops that I had ordered and so the order was withheld. I contacted them that Wednesday (which is when I finally learned it was backordered---they should have told me rather than me going to them) and was assured it would be shipped that day.

Fast forward to the following weekend. Order still hasn't shipped. Message them on Saturday, they respond on Monday. Same response. "We just got it in (which I was told the first time as well) and I'm gonna make sure we ship it today!"

Still nothing.

Now, I know, stuff happens. I can understand them having to put something on back order after black friday. My real qualm here is that I've now been told twice that it would "ship today" and it still hasn't even processed (other than them processing the money right out of my bank account, mind you).

What should I do? I want the order and I know they're a quality store. Anyone else had this issue before? Should I ask for a discount or a small product as compensation? I don't want to be a jerk, but they kinda crossed the line here.

I would just send another email describing your dissatisfaction with their communication on the order. Make it pretty strongly but not offensively worded. And suggest that you are hesitant to order again.

If they offer anything as recompense - great, if not, hopefully they got the message and will institute new notification policy.

If it happens again shift your business elsewhere.

Ok, that's about what I figured. I'll give it until this afternoon to see if they happen to ship it today or contact me. Thanks for the advice.

Hey there Bransona,

Im really sorry that your order has taken so long to get shipped out, and even more so that no one reached out to you. I plan on setting aside the entire day tomorrow in order to audit our processes in regards to situations like this.

The goal would obviously be to not have this happen at all, and I will be making evaluations on how to handle that as well, but if in the case that it does we will certainly have a different plan of action set in place.

I have sent you a PM, and I will make sure that you don't walk away from this experience with a bad feeling about Homebrew Supply.

My apologies again,
Chris

I just wanted to take the time to finally write a review. These guys have first class customer service and truly care about making the customer feel great unlike some other large suppliers.

Just as a quick story to share my experience: I placed a large order on their website because they had a big sale on all grains and hops however, I was about to go out of town for a week and didn't need the stuff right away. I emailed customer service and they gladly put a hold on packing and shipping with a note specifying the date I wanted it, no questions asked.

I recently placed another order but realized I didn't select milled or unmilled on my grain selections. The drop down menu even says if you don't select something they will get milled by default. When I realized this a day later after it said it packaged already, I panicked and sent them an email to double check. They informed me I was a regular (I have only placed about 3-4 order all recently) and that they didn't crush the grains since I usually don't get them crushed and that he notified the people who prepare the orders not to crush my grain orders in the future.

Additionally their flat rate $7.99 shipping is the fastest I've seen. I placed an order Wednesday mid day and it shipped that night and got it Saturday. A lot of flat rates specify they have up to 7 days to ship, but not at homebrewsupply. They vacuum seal all of their grains too which is great if you don't plan on using them right away for storage.

As for selection and ingredients, they have a great selection and their prices are well below other online suppliers by the pound.

You could say they've got me as a customer for life.

Cheers!

I just wanted to take the time to finally write a review. These guys have first class customer service and truly care about making the customer feel great unlike some other large suppliers.

Just as a quick story to share my experience: I placed a large order on their website because they had a big sale on all grains and hops however, I was about to go out of town for a week and didn't need the stuff right away. I emailed customer service and they gladly put a hold on packing and shipping with a note specifying the date I wanted it, no questions asked.

I recently placed another order but realized I didn't select milled or unmilled on my grain selections. The drop down menu even says if you don't select something they will get milled by default. When I realized this a day later after it said it packaged already, I panicked and sent them an email to double check. They informed me I was a regular (I have only placed about 3-4 order all recently) and that they didn't crush the grains since I usually don't get them crushed and that he notified the people who prepare the orders not to crush my grain orders in the future.

Additionally their flat rate $7.99 shipping is the fastest I've seen. I placed an order Wednesday mid day and it shipped that night and got it Saturday. A lot of flat rates specify they have up to 7 days to ship, but not at homebrewsupply. They vacuum seal all of their grains too which is great if you don't plan on using them right away for storage.

As for selection and ingredients, they have a great selection and their prices are well below other online suppliers by the pound.

You could say they've got me as a customer for life.

Cheers!

Thanks SO much for the kinds words and for supporting us! Can't tell you how great it is to hear about your experience -- that's exactly what we strive for.

Cheers! :mug:

To update this thread for any future readers: we eventually worked it out and determined this was just mass confusion from an error in a new computer system. I ended up very satisfied and am loving the brews made with the ingredients from this order. Will definitely be a return customer!

To update this thread for any future readers: we eventually worked it out and determined this was just mass confusion from an error in a new computer system. I ended up very satisfied and am loving the brews made with the ingredients from this order. Will definitely be a return customer!

:mug: glad the beers came out well! Cheers man - let us know if there's anything we can do to help in the future!

I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with kegs that they have bought from homebrewsupply.com. I bought two kegs for my boyfriends birthday and did not receive the confirmation email. That was not such a big deal. I emailed them and they sent the tracking information. But then I got the kegs on 4/15 and found out one is not pressurized and cannot be pressurized. I called the next day and they said to email. It has been four days and have not heard anything. I understand the weekend and stuff but usually businesses get back to emails within 24 hours. I feel that this has been one of the worse customer services we have ever received. I understand stuff happens but now we have two brews and one keg. Has anyone else had these issues?

Hey there!

Sorry about that! Our customer service rep says he responded to the original email, but apparently our ticket software didn't send it through. He says he was able to get in contact with you and resolve the issue. Please let us know if that is not the case.

Happy Brewing and Cheers!

I've ordered from them a few times. The first order was smooth, tracking information was sent promptly and items received as expected.

The second order was a bit different. I ordered a Grainfather and along with it came a free keg via standard fedex home delivery. A day after I ordered it, I got a notification from Fedex that a overnight shipment was in route and someone had to be present to sign for it. The shipment was coming from North Carolina, so I was completely miffed as to what it was but the only logical answer was the Grainfather. However, frantically checking homebrewsupply's website had no tracking updates.

Sadly I had to work and was forced to re-direct the package to the closet fedex facility to be held. Overnight delivery was scheduled for Saturday. Package was held on Monday and finally received a shipping update from HomebrewSupply on Tuesday that confirmed it was indeed the Grainfather I ordered. The free keg showed up on Wednesday without any sort of tracking information.

I'm not exactly sure where the mix up in shipping was or what happened. Under normal circumstances, I would be elated to get a package overnight that I was expecting in ~5-7days. In this case, I purposely ordered it Ground/Home Delivery as I was out of town and would be back by the time it should of been delivered. To be clear, i'm still out of town and have to rush from the airport to fedex to get the package before they close and send the package back.

The feedback I would provide is; the shipment information needs updated in a more timely manner.

I'll likely continue to order from them as needed, as their stock and prices seem right.

Hey There!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm at an absolute loss for words as to why that situation happened with the shipping.

My only guess is that since it was a special deal that we have not done before, something must have messed up with the coding when our developers created it in our system. Our ERP system is supposed to automatically send out valid tracking numbers when an order ships, so I'll have to look into that as well.

I'm sorry for the experience you've had with your Grainfather. Please let me know if you have any issues picking it up from FedEx. If so, please call me at 877-800-2294 or email me personally at [email protected]

Hey There!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm at an absolute loss for words as to why that situation happened with the shipping.

My only guess is that since it was a special deal that we have not done before, something must have messed up with the coding when our developers created it in our system. Our ERP system is supposed to automatically send out valid tracking numbers when an order ships, so I'll have to look into that as well.

I'm sorry for the experience you've had with your Grainfather. Please let me know if you have any issues picking it up from FedEx. If so, please call me at 877-800-2294 or email me personally at [email protected]

No worries, I picked it up from Fedex and it's assembled and ready to go.

I have ordered a few things from home brew supply and didn't realize they are such a young company. Everything as expected no disappointments here. will order from them again especially after reading how they dealt with the complaint above. Way to go guys you get my vote......

I have always in the past purchased from a large internet supplier. I found out about homebrew supply here in the forum. I placed my first order with them last week to see how it would go. I try when I can to buy local and support Texas businesses. I ordered grain and yeast and all went well. I emailed and called when I realized that I didnt order ice packs for my liquid yeast that would be in shipping over the weekend. They responded to both my communications and included ice packs for my yeast. I felt the service was great and being local I got my order really fast. A few days later I ordered a two pack of refurbed pin-lock kegs that I received today. They are advertised as having manual pressure relief valves, and I am pretty sure they have static valves on them. I called and we agreed I should email them pics to be sure. That was late this afternoon. Depending on how quickly they resolve this will decide how I rate them.
Update:
Jessie and the staff at HBS resolved this very quickly by sending new keg lids. I was very pleased with the response to my issue and reccomend them highly!

Last edited:
Placed my first order Monday and received my refurb keg and a few grains on Wednesday. Helps that I am just up the street, but quick shipping nonetheless.

The keg showed up pressurized and in very good condition. I haven't found a cheaper source for fully cleaned used kegs, even with shipping costs.

I also appreciate that I was able to get some specialty grains I couldn't find at other local stores.

Thumbs up!

Hey There!

So sorry about that! There was a miscommunication about the relief valves with our developers, and they listed the valves as manual, when they are actually static. We advertised them as manual, so we can send you entirely new lids that have manual relief valves at no charge!

Hope that helps!

I placed my second-ever order with HomeBrew Supply today, and wanted to drop a note with some feedback. This seemed the best section of the forum to do that, but if it belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

If you haven't shopped from www.homebrewsupply.com, you might consider giving them a shot. I was referred to them by a member here on the forum; I can't remember who it was, but I am grateful!

The folks there were helpful and friendly as I was selecting my products, and thanks to them, I got what I needed for my next couple of projects. Prices were very good, in my opinion, and I would have been very happy with my order just like that - but then, it got even better.

After I placed my order, a type of malt caught my eye that looked really interesting for a future brew (Weyermann's Abbey Malt), especially in light of my recent Bruxelles Black Project. I emailed back asking if a pound of that malt could be added to my order, and asked them to charge my card for the extra amount. HomeBrew added that extra malt to my order at no extra charge, and is shipping the entire order out today.

A person really can't ask for much more than that! :mug:

I am also very pleased so far with my purchases from Home Brew Supply. I BIAB and I am trying to increase efficiency so after I had placed my latest grain bill order I asked if it would be a problem to double-crush. It was not a problem to them and the grains look great! Can't wait to brew them up and hopefully see my efficiency go up!

I second Homebrewsupply. I've only ordered from them once so far, but everything went well, the crush seemed better than the other online site I've used, and the processing and shipment from Texas to Maine was quicker than from Minnesota to Maine. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

I've done biz with Homebrew supply several times over the years, never had any problems. Merch was always good quality, service was always satisfactory, everything was always shipped promptly, well packed & arrived in good shape. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Regards, GF.

Hi, Jessie -

Just checking - haven't grains been eligible for flat-rate shipping of 7.99$ in the past? I could have sworn they were on all my previous orders, but they don't seem to be anymore.

Please let us know, and thanks -

Hi, Jessie -

Just checking - haven't grains been eligible for flat-rate shipping of 7.99$ in the past? I could have sworn they were on all my previous orders, but they don't seem to be anymore.

Please let us know, and thanks -

Ah yes, after much deliberation, we have decided not to offer flat-rate on grains anymore. We tried to offer it for awhile, but we were losing too much money due to shipping costs, even with our business discounts from our carriers. It was a tough decision, especially since we want to offer the best deals to the Homebrew community, but again, we were losing too much :( I apologize for the inconvenience.

Happy Brewing and Cheers! :mug:

This supplier does not answer my email nor repeated phone calls with message regarding an order. So much for the customer service they talk about.

Sorry about that Bilsch, if you PM me your name I will find the Case for you and make sure it get's done tonight else a CSR will be on it first thing in the morning.

We had a Memorial Day sale which did well, then a coupon leaked out. So the executive call got made today to put everyone in the warehouse to start really hammering through the quantity of orders that we have quick. We tried to flex a bit with one CSR doing Cases and returning voice mails. We try to adhere to same day shipping as people use it when planning on what day to brew. Between the two we had about 5x the quantity of orders to get through.

Vent / question thread. I generally shop local but often need to order random specialty grains and yeasts online. Once Northern brewer / midwest sold I have made a few purchases from some of the newer shops Homebrewsupply.com and another new to me shop in TX as well.

The site advertises same day shipping on every order with a few caveats. I always order on a Sunday or Monday morning so my yeast will spend the least amount of time in transit.

My first delayed order was a 3 day delay but made it before the weekend so my yeast didn't sit in a florida parking lot for the weekend.

This time however I ordered monday morning and my shipment is still pending (friday am) The shipment is yeast and unmilled grains. The grains are for a Monday brew day that I'm likely going to have to now make a trip to the local shop to buy a second grain bill. It's not a huge deal as I order unmilled and in separate bags so the grains will get used eventually.

I ordered a similar package from the other Texas shop on the same day because they carry some different malts and that package is due today.

Note: I know the order hadn't shipped up until yesterday because the shop called me because the yeast strain I had ordered was 2 weeks from expiration and they wanted to take 75% off the price or swap it out for me. I appreciated that enough that I didn't ask why my package wasn't well on it's way.

Are you guys doing OK?
Looks like you are liquidating all of your inventory. What is going on with the wine kits?

Back