Homebrewing to play big part in new series about converting drinkers to craft beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStudNo1

Reaction score
We want to include homebrewing/homebrew club segments in almost every episode of Turning Craft as we travel around North America (for now) to find and turn folks on to good beer. We also want to do segments devoted to both schools of tasting, definitely want to get some big BJCP involvement. Ideas are welcome. There's a page on the Brew Studs blog where you can fill out a form to get involved. We'll be shooting at least 4 more episodes this summer.

Here's the video on Facbook.

If someone knows how to embed the facebook video in the thread, please feel free to do so. Thank you.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D16MPvAZ42Q&ebc=ANyPxKoSiEua8P_qhYcxyjdC5axhgAnKzi7PC4A-kzDRTi0QXgLmAYe4kLlxkxMZ5xYMdSqcgD81yz1MGpQ3AejFv6LnNC_WLA"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D16MPvAZ42Q&ebc=ANyPxKoSiEua8P_qhYcxyjdC5axhgAnKzi7PC4A-kzDRTi0QXgLmAYe4kLlxkxMZ5xYMdSqcgD81yz1MGpQ3AejFv6LnNC_WLA[/ame]

Ok, I watched a few minutes of episode #1, turned it off when the explanation about "what is hoppy" started. Sorry, just don't want to watch a show about trying to explain beer to someone. But I don't consume much TV anyway, I don't even have cable and despise celebrities, most TV shows and all network news. So I'm just not a good "fit" to be a viewer, I guess.
Don't want to be all negative though, the show looks well done and I hope you are successful in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

I am watching now as I type and it's not bad but I think the episode is too long. I lost interest by the 10 minute mark. Not trying to be negative, just my opinion! I appreciate your passion for the craft.

Video looks well done. But I do have some critiques on video production.

1. The background music is WAY to loud.
2. Your personal mic volume is WAY to low.

I was constantly turning my volume up and down throughout the video.

I really appreciate all the feedback. Very helpful. I'll note that we really bootstrapped the pilot, and we know -- especially with the audio -- there are many improvements that can be made, myself as the host included. I'm petty involved with a lot of homebrewers and homebrewing activities in my area. Actually, I live about a block from the homebrewing epicenter of my town, and I'm running ideas by everyone I brew with on a regular basis.

Also, thank you isomerization for sharing the YouTube video. Cheers everyone!

No problem, for future reference, open the video in YouTube, click on the URL bar and copy that (instead of using the share button), then post that hyperlink (using the blue/green earth button).

No problem, for future reference, open the video in YouTube, click on the URL bar and copy that (instead of using the share button), then post that hyperlink (using the blue/green earth button).

Thanks. At the time the video was only posted to Facebook and I couldn't figure out how to embed it here.

We launched a kickstarter if anyone wants to help the show. Just for this group, we're planning stops in Cincinnati, Raleigh, Charleston and Atlanta for the next bundle of episodes.

Any amount helps, and shares are much appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions about the listed rewards. Also, if there are any homebrewers/beer lovers in the cities I listed above who want to be involved or just have ideas for the show, please contact us through our fan participation form on this page.

Back