Homebrewing Needs a BMC touch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His tears are straight Busch Light. It's really amazing if you think about it.

Busch light has a touch of beer in it, I would have gone with Natty light!

That is made from the tears of babies, says so right on the can!

Was it an inside joke? I didn't get it.

If it was, my apologies Psylocide.

Welllllll.... it was and it wasn't. I love my Busch Light, but I don't cry about it when someone doesn't. I also drink all kinds of craft and I homebrew, but nothing beats 5 or six of those after work.

It's a volume thing.

The joke was that this thread was going on at the exact same time, and also why it was worded so "whiny-ly."

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrewing-needs-womans-touch-517079/

Welllllll.... it was and it wasn't. I love my Busch Light, but I don't cry about it when someone doesn't. I also drink all kinds of craft and I homebrew, but nothing beats 5 or six of those after work.

It's a volume thing.

The joke was that this thread was going on at the exact same time, and also why it was worded so "whiny-ly."

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrewing-needs-womans-touch-517079/

Oh I see. I didn't read that thread.

The talk of needing to out oneself, the talk of needing to be endowed the same respect, touching one person with the message all came across as ridiculous and whiny to me... But that was based upon the assumption that it was a serious post, and not meant to be taken, at least partially so, as a joke.

And actually, overly dramatic would have been a better descriptor than whiny anyhow.

:mug:

Oh I see. I didn't read that thread.

The talk of needing to out oneself, the talk of needing to be endowed the same respect, touching one person with the message all came across as ridiculous and whiny to me... But that was based upon the assumption that it was a serious post, and not meant to be taken, at least partially so, as a joke.

And actually, overly dramatic would have been a better descriptor than whiny anyhow.

:mug:

No worries man... hopefully it's apparent that I have a decent sense of humor.

Great stuff Psy. There needs to be a warning to folks with loose berries. I laughed my bollox off throughout your elegant prose. Champion sir!, Champion.

As his attorney, I'd advise you to not worry about it.

Sorry, Oscar, but I don't know if I should trust you. The last time someone listened to your advice, he got a mouthful of adrenochrome!

"But if I were you I'd leave the doctor alone until after he's eaten breakfast. He's a very crude man."

Good to see this one again, even if I'm too much of a dumba$$ to get the Hunter S Thompson reference. (I think that's who it is)

Good to see this one again, even if I'm too much of a dumba$$ to get the Hunter S Thompson reference. (I think that's who it is)

Yes and no. HST is the guy on the left, and the ref is to a scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but I mostly had the guy on the right in mind: Oscar Zeta Acosta, the real-life analog of Dr Gonzo. He was actually Mexican-American (the whole 'Samoan' bit was partly misdirection about who the character's inspiration was, and partly an in-joke between Thompson and Acosta about the latter's appearance), and was a novelist as well as a lawyer who represented several activists in the Chicano movement and other counter-culture causes of the time. He was one of Thompson's closest friends until his disappearance in 1974.

Anyway, one of the funniest - and most harrowing - scenes in FLLV was when Dr Gonzo and Raoul Duke (Thompson) take a few hits off a bottle of adrenochrome (which is a real drug, but very hard to come by because it has to come from a recently-removed human adrenal gland) that Gonzo had gotten from a client in lieu of payment. Duke takes too much and spends a nightmarish afternoon feeling like he was plugged into a wall socket. Whether this reflects a real event or not isn't clear; there are many parts of the book that are based on things they actually did or said, but a lot of the details were changed or told in a different order from how they actually happened. Enough of it was absolutely real to make the story very disturbing when you think about it.

Wow, that was way too off-topic, and way too serious.

Back