Homebrewers at Beer Festivals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielthemaniel

Reaction score
We are a company comprised of 5 right knit members trying to create a coffee, beer and food establishment with a wide assortment of consumable products including homemade beer, cider, seltzer, coffee, energy drinks and a variety of foods. We have formed a relationship with the company responsible with organizing beer festivals in our state. We had our 20th-ish festival with them today, the first in 7 months. It was a major return to normalcy for me. It made me consider, how many home brewers regularly pour at beer festivals?

The Cleveland brew shop has had a homebrew pouring event every year for beer week. It was great. Lots of homebrewers and some excellent beer. Probably not happening this year, though.

I'm confused. The thread title says homebrewers but are you pouring homebrew or commercially produced beer? (since you said company). I'm sure every state has its nuance in beer laws but homebrew can't be poured in a commercial operation like a festival in most states as far as I know.

It's not happening this year, but we normally have a big cask beer event each October where they have about 400 different beers, meads and ciders. They split the hall up by brewery location (in province, other provinces, US), but there is also a dedicated homebrew area where local individuals or clubs have their beers on tap and ready to be sampled the same as the professionals. They even have a contest for you to vote for best homebrew.

Latest posts

Back