Homebrewcon 2022

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Have you folks noticed that they shortened this year's club night to only 2 hours? 7:30 to 9:30pm

It's unbelievable. Any time my club has poured, the old 3.5 hour went by in a flash. Most clubs will likely spend more time setting up and breaking down their booth than the whole pouring session.

Not happy!

Wow, that sucks. Have only made one HomeBrew Con, Providence in 2019, but club night did go by in a flash. If I go this year, with guys from my club, this makes the decision to fly and leave our kegs home a lot easier.

Reached out to the AHA - here is the response:

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback below. After further consideration, we have increased Club Night to 3 hours, new times (6:30pm – 9:30pm) are updated on the website and will be communicated to those clubs that have already signed up.
Hope to see you in Pittsburgh and have a great week!

Reached out to the AHA - here is the response:

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback below. After further consideration, we have increased Club Night to 3 hours, new times (6:30pm – 9:30pm) are updated on the website and will be communicated to those clubs that have already signed up.
Hope to see you in Pittsburgh and have a great week!

Agree, I wrote a bit of a scathing email myself and got the same reply.

I have not been to a Homebrew Con myself, but I was hoping to make the trip up this year.

Is "Social Club" something they have always had? How does that differ from Club Night? It seems like both provide the opportunity for a club to put beers on tap at the event and for participants to sample homebrew.
https://www.homebrewcon.org/homebrew-expo/social-club-guidelines/
I had planned to go to the Nashville event, and it was not clear to me what opportunities there were for an individual to bring and share homebrew (other than joining up with a club that was signed up for Club Night).

I have not been to a Homebrew Con myself, but I was hoping to make the trip up this year.

Is "Social Club" something they have always had? How does that differ from Club Night? It seems like both provide the opportunity for a club to put beers on tap at the event and for participants to sample homebrew.
https://www.homebrewcon.org/homebrew-expo/social-club-guidelines/
I had planned to go to the Nashville event, and it was not clear to me what opportunities there were for an individual to bring and share homebrew (other than joining up with a club that was signed up for Club Night).
I've only gone once, but what I think this is referring to is that there's a social gathering area that's always there, to visit in-between speakers and when you don't feel like doing anything else. Club night is basically a brew fest with just homebrew clubs setting up.

Social Club used to be called the Hospitality Suite. For several years it was a dedicated room near all the seminar halls (well they were hotel conference rooms at that time). A homebrew club would sign up for 2 hour timeslots to pour beer in that suite. The Social Club is the same idea but they moved that bar setup to the huge expo hall where all the vendors show off their wares. It likely gets more traffic as that's really where everyone hangs out when there isn't a seminar of interest going on, or for the people who pick the social only package.

Back