Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BarleynVine.com new mill and did wonders for my effiency

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i like midwest quite a bit. easy to navigate the site, fast shipping, they have a rewards program, i haven't researched extensively but their prices w/ shipping seem lower than average. seems they mess up orders quite a bit but they correct them easily and quickly.

Don't know if Brew & Grow in Minneapolis has been mentioned but I just finished up one of their "Magellan's IPA" kits and it turned out great. I don't know about their shipping because I live in the area but the prices are great. The "Original Series" kits are under $30 with dry yeast ($35 with Wyeast) and they include 50 caps, 1 Whirlfloc tablet and an extra long grain bag that can be doubled over to keep the particles from slipping through. They also grind your grain before the kit leaves the store as apposed to when it's boxed. I've brewed kits from Midwest, Northern and Brew & Grow (I like to keep it local and with all these suppliers in my area who wouldn't?) and they are all great but I like to get more bang for my buck so I will probably hit B&G more than the others.

Mashed in at about five minutes ago on a 10 gallon batch of Mild, which will be split into two batches; one oaked and one soured. Happy New Year!!

Texas online suppliers? I live in south Texas and nearest local is maybe 600 miles away.

Hey I'm looking for a new 15 gallon pot with a temp gauge on it. All I can find is eBay for 160$ anything better?

160 isn't a bad price if it is SS. I paid 95 for my 15 gal SS pot delivered. I drilled it myself for a valve, (3 piece SS + bulkhead fittings) @ 37. I don't see the need to have a thermometer mounted to a brew pot which is what I use mine for. So I don't think 160 is that bad of a price. Especially if it comes with a thermowell fitting and a thermometer.

My LHBS is heartshomebrew, located in Orlando,Fl. Their prices are very competitive and they do know their stuff! No, they are not a hang out type of shop, they are geared toward Internet type of sales. So what you get is less overhead that is passed along in their prices. To me, a major point I respect them for is their recipes. They give you the break down, instead of just selling the package. So for me, they are #1.

Fifth season is the only one in Charlottesville now that I know of. Great people in there very willing to help new guys, and they have a couple that are experienced brewers.

I tried to order from my usual Midwest a while ago,but got an error code trying to use the Paypal option. No matter whether I used Google Chrome or IE9,same deal. So I ordered a couple E/SG kits from More Beer with S-04 yeast to try them out. Need to get the pipeline going again. Supposed to be here by next Saturday,so I'll see how they are.

I'm sure this is already out there but I just stumbled on bells home brew store online . I didn't even know they sold home brew supplies.
BEST PRICES ONLINE hands down. I have been looking online all morning for good prices on hops. just got 1lb simcoe for $18 , 1lb columbus $12.60, 1lb centennial $15.75 and 7.99 flat rate shipping. My bill was $16 less than Northern brewer.

https://bellsbeer.com/store/

Well,I ordered from More Beer! Friday afternoon & Saturday morning the first box was on the porch bright & early. Pretty good for free shipping. Hoping the 2nd box is here Monday morning.

I checked out the Bernoulli web site. Quite the variety of ingredients. But I do have to say with the choices comes higher prices. While the grains are pretty much on par the hops (almost double average) and yeast (a buck more) are a bit higher than average. But if you want that oddball hop or yeast you might be willing to pay a bit more.

I checked out the Bernoulli web site. Quite the variety of ingredients. But I do have to say with the choices comes higher prices. While the grains are pretty much on par the hops (almost double average) and yeast (a buck more) are a bit higher than average. But if you want that oddball hop or yeast you might be willing to pay a bit more.

Hey Allen,

I was just checking our pricing and I cannot find a hop that is double online vs what we have. The pricing you see online is per the 1/4 oz. The hops we have are pellets, 91+ various hops and all are very comparable to online. That was our goal with our pricing and with being local we can beat online because we do not charge shipping. Let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks Bernoulli

I cannot agree with this. Their online prices are nearly identical to my LHBS prices. Their hop prices are exactly what I would expect to pay per ounce at my LHBS, which is why I buy in bulk once a year online. While my LHBS wyeast might be a nickel cheaper, my LHBS White Labs is 50 cents more. Their dry yeast costs are less than my LHBS too!

Hey Allen,

I was just checking our pricing and I cannot find a hop that is double online vs what we have. The pricing you see online is per the 1/4 oz. The hops we have are pellets, 91+ various hops and all are very comparable to online. That was our goal with our pricing and with being local we can beat online because we do not charge shipping. Let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks Bernoulli

When someone posts a site I check it out in hopes of finding a better supplier for ingredients. I checked out your site and stand by what I posted. Your grains are on par. Your hops were pricier and I said almost double. And your yeast was .50 to 1.00 more each. I also said that if you are looking for that odd ball ingredient that Bernuolli was the place to go.

I buy primarily online. When I was looking to purchase hops for a couple of batches I did compare. Centennial theirs 1.99 an oz, yours 2.75. Chinook theirs 1.69, yours 2.25. Northern Brewer theirs 1.49, yours 2.00. If I'm buying Chinook I usually buy the 8oz. size which is 11.99. Or Northern Brewer 8oz for 8.99. I don't remember which hops I compared exactly but a couple came close to double like Northern Brewer if you buy the 8oz. And there is also free shipping over a certain amount which is easily hit when buying for 2 batches of beer. I was just commenting on my observation not trying to slight you.

You get a discount for buying 8oz "bulk" sizes of hops. FWIW, I pay a flat $2.49/oz for hops at my LHBS. Downside is I pay that for northern Brewer (a value priced hop on your posting). Upside is I get access to all the hot new hops at that price too.

You get a discount for buying 8oz "bulk" sizes of hops. FWIW, I pay a flat $2.49/oz for hops at my LHBS. Downside is I pay that for northern Brewer (a value priced hop on your posting). Upside is I get access to all the hot new hops at that price too.

I'm retired and started brewing because 1. I love it and always wanted to do it and 2. to cut overall costs (after buying equipment of course) of drinking kraft beers and entertaining.

Unfortunately most of my LHBS's grain prices are 1.99 lb. even for 2 row. They sell pounds and sacks only. Buying there would really increase the cost of a 5 gallon batch. I support it by buying equipment and occasional needs, the last item was my geared MaltMill. BTW Northern Brewer hops is 1.99oz.

So I mail order from MoreBeer. I generally buy ingredients for two of my rotation beers at once (one big one small beer) and it comes to about 60 bucks, enough for free delivery at 59. And more often than not it is here in a day. 10 labs of Great Western domestic 2 row is 11.29. It makes a big difference when you are brewing a beer with 20 lbs of grain and 8 oz on hops. If I was going to try out a new hop I would probably have to order it special through someone that specializes in the newest/small quantity brew ingredients.

I couldn't agree more about MoreBeer. They've been by go to source for 3 years or more. Their free shipping on $59 or more orders is a real bargain. Especially that they'll ship bulk size amounts of 10/lb bags of base grains at a little over $1/lb. And since they've opened a distribution center in the east, I get delivery here in SC in 2 or 3 days from ordering.

For hops, I use Yakima Valley http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/default.asp. They have a lot of hops for $1/oz. or less (Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Nugget, Willamette, etc.) – and shipping is $6.00 flat on orders up to 4 lbs. I don't use some of the more trendy hops, but I suspect their prices on those probably very competitive too. Again, their ordering process is friendly, and their shipping is very quick.

Yeah,morebeer was stupid fast,since I'm closer to their PA warehouse. Ordered 2 kits on a Friday afternoon,the ESB got here early the next morning! Talk about wow factor! With really fresh,rehydrated S-04,it fermented & settled out clear in 2 weeks. Just finished getting 53 bottles of it. Fast shipping on really fresh stuff from More beer.:mug:

The one caveat with MoreBeer is not to order what isn't in stock in the PA warehouse (for us here in NY, Ohio etc.) If it isn't in stock here they will ship it from CA and that will take a while. I have a bunch of 2-row and I ordered more that I didn't need right now. It's coming from CA. They already have it back in stock in PA and my order that is coming from CA isn't going to be delivered for another 4 days. So if it is something that you need "tomorrow" hit the LHBS.

Morebeer I get what I order the next day depending when I placed order.
Homebrewery.com ok prices fast delivery, great CS.

These are the only 2 I have ordered from. I try to buy from LHBS as I prefer to support local business in my town but pay a tiny bit more. If they dont have something or are closed when I get an impulse to buy sonething I order from those two I previously mentioned.

I try to buy from LHBS as I prefer to support local business in my town but pay a tiny bit more.

I would like to buy more locally and I do buy carboys, my mill and a corny keg every now and then there, but on ingredients buying local will cost me much more and one of the reasons for home brewing was the cost of beer ( I'm retired.) Just a make up brew bill (10lbs 2-row, 1lb carapils, 1lb vienna, 2 oz centennial, 1 oz cascade and Wyeast 1056) the LHBS came in at $37.94 and the MoreBeer tab is 26.50. It's not a tiny bit more here or I would buy local. Locally you have NYS tax and of course you have to declare any mail order taxes. I buy enough for at least 2 batches to hit the $59 magic number for free shipping and it is delivered to my door.

Has anyone mentioned Brewmasters Warehouse? Anyone in the Southeast might want to consider them, especially Georgia residents. Very speedy.

I would like to buy more locally and I do buy carboys, my mill and a corny keg every now and then there, but on ingredients buying local will cost me much more and one of the reasons for home brewing was the cost of beer ( I'm retired.) Just a make up brew bill (10lbs 2-row, 1lb carapils, 1lb vienna, 2 oz centennial, 1 oz cascade and Wyeast 1056) the LHBS came in at $37.94 and the MoreBeer tab is 26.50. It's not a tiny bit more here or I would buy local. Locally you have NYS tax and of course you have to declare any mail order taxes. I buy enough for at least 2 batches to hit the $59 magic number for free shipping and it is delivered to my door.

Yeah I got CA sales tax here.. pretty much 10%. Ill buy what I can but I do a 50/50 mix of home vrew shop and online I dont mind spendong a bit more. 26.50 to 37.94 is right on that line for me

I am of the same mind! Have a new LHBS and it's really the best in town, but cost there vs at Moorbeer it substantially more. I have noticed that the LHBS has a better crush and my efficiency is higher from there (I don't have a grain mill). I like both places but cost does dictate where I purchase.

For bulky/heavy stuff and perishables, I prefer my LHBS. For gadgets, online is better for me.

I've had nothing but good experiences with William's, MoreBeer, and specialty vendors like Bargain Fittings, etc.

Has anyone mentioned Brewmasters Warehouse? Anyone in the Southeast might want to consider them, especially Georgia residents. Very speedy.

Love the site and the ability to customize any recipe.

They are also the cheapest by quite a bit over any other site I have seen.

For bulky/heavy stuff and perishables, I prefer my LHBS. For gadgets, online is better for me.

I've had nothing but good experiences with William's, MoreBeer, and specialty vendors like Bargain Fittings, etc.

DITTO on the Bargain Fittings!

Back