Homebrew Supply Mail Order Companies that Haven't Been Bought Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoIguanaForZ

Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere of which homebrew supply companies have been bought up by BMC, etc? I'm gonna need some ingredients my LHBS doesn't stock, pretty soon, and I'd prefer to support a firm that's independent.

Just about every(all?) vendor that advertises on Homebrewtalk is independently owned. Is there a specific vendor you are thinking of?

Also, vendor ads and memberships here support the site. As well, many offer discounts and/or specials to us.

I've used Northern Brewer before, so if someone happens to know of something independent with a comparable selection it'd save me the time of digging through every possibility. :/

Adventures in homebrewing and Austin homebrew are both owned by the same owner and have great service, I would not hesitate to order from either place.

I like adventures in homebrewing and have ordered from morebeer in the past as well. Both are great.

whenever I make it to Moorhead MN I go to country cannery to support his business. bulk grain equals the same price if being shipped etc. if I need some dry yeast I will order some from a national supplier (aka Midwest/northern but I have had some crappy order to ship times from them last year )

Ritebrew.com in Wisconsin is my go-to. Their selection is more limited but if they have it, it's close to best price. Shipping is very reasonable here to our place in NE IA

Back