Homebrew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acroporabrewer

Reaction score
I am looking for a brew stand that can handle 10 gallon batches and came across this one from Gander Mountain. Looks like a solid stand for about $200. I am sure I can figure out a way to get a third burner on there or just use a deep fryer burner. Has anybody used this stand as a brew stand?

http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=30-Jet-Burner-Cast-Burner-Cart&i=438432&r=view&cvsfa=2586&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=343338343332&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvuWyBRDO_Yzhpv_4nvEBEiQANBdXMshDd1SpwPNHE4SrO7TwenIKAw4vzw5stsxLepyT9ocaAs4G8P8HAQ

That's the same one I used when I first started AG. I bought mine through Amazon though. It works well and the main burner is super strong so you'll go through propane pretty quick. I used the top burner for my HLT and the main for my BK. I used an igloo as my MLT so I didn't need a 3rd burner. I just brewed 5 gallon batches so I can't say if the stand can hold 10 gallon batches. The stand is fairly thin and light.

I have this, also ordered from Amazon. The upper burner is used for my HLT, and I keep the kettle on my old burner. The lower burner has a very direct flame on it, and I haven't used it for brewing yet. Overall I like it a lot, and am glad I picked it up.

I've got it/use it for 10 gal batches. Bought it on Amazon this summer. Now that I've done half a dozen batches on it, I'm thinking of it as more of a temporary solution because there's not really room enough to mount my plate chiller and two chugger pumps. It's actually pretty small and low to the ground. Between all that extra hardware and hoses connecting everything, brew day is like a booby trap. If like to build a more self-contained and convenient unit in the future.

Back