Homebrew dream/nightmare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWiggles

Reaction score
So I had my first homebrew dream last night...it was less than pleasant.
So it goes like this:
I'm in my apartment, and have some acquaintances over. One is a BMC only type of guy, the other was a nameless/faceless friend of his. He asks me for a beer so I tell him they are in the fridge so he grabs the last two for himself and me. First thing that was weird is I somehow "bottled" them in emptied out Jumex cans. He cracks it open and takes a big swig proclaiming "Dude, you make the best beer!" (which he did compliment my brew last weekend BTW, but just said 'really good' not 'best') so I am pretty pleased and take a swig, it's my bareknuckle brown ale. He then immediately goes back to the fridge and swings it open asking his friend "hey, where's that grape soda at?" I said "excuse me? what do you need grape soda for?" He replies, "To mix with the beer, man! That would make it sooo much better!" I say "No sir, give me back that beer. I won't let you ruin it like that." He says "Well, you're out of grape soda anyways... Do you have any sprite or lemonade?"
AAAAHHHHHHHH! And I wake up in a cold sweat... now, I know folks do sometimes mix sprite/coke/lemonade with their beers...but grape soda?

To each, his own. Once you have given the beer away, it's no longer your beer. What do you care if the drinkers want grape soda in it?

I dunno, you are right though. It's just that in RL I worry what people think of me and what I've done so I took it as a 'this isn't good enough' type of action by him in my dream. Maybe its an allusion to something else going on in my life, since that's generally how dreams work. But like I said, in RL he praised my beer and offered me money for another, I told him to have as many as he wanted. Turns out that day was his surprise birthday party too, so I felt like I got him the best present :mug:

I remember my first.

I was floating in my fermenter in the BLACKEST stout.

Icebergs of white yeast would float up and slowly dissolve back down.

It was TERRIFYING!!!

awesome!

I had a dream a few nights ago in which I was brewing a big RIS (am doing it Sunday actually :mug: ) and a bunch of people were over.

For some reason my fiance's uncle decided to move my boil kettle off of the stove because he wanted to "make toast." (on a burner?) So I am flipping out and tell him that there are two empty burners on the stove right next to the kettle and to just use those. So he then said "no it's ok, I'm making it now" and I look over to see pieces of white bread floating in my wort!

I finally get that debacle taken care of, and I look away from my now cooling wort and there are dead leaves and seaweed floating all around in it. A little girl comes up to the wort and decides to reach her entire arm into it to get something out that she happened to drop into it.

Talk about being unsanitary!

I would rather someone mix a beer with grape soda and drink it instead of dumping it out.

This is true, although I am happy to say the BMC drinkers have enjoyed both of my brews so far with nothing but positive feedback and asking for more.
And lol @ snowveil's story

awesome!

I had a dream a few nights ago in which I was brewing a big RIS (am doing it Sunday actually :mug: ) and a bunch of people were over.

For some reason my fiance's uncle decided to move my boil kettle off of the stove because he wanted to "make toast." (on a burner?) So I am flipping out and tell him that there are two empty burners on the stove right next to the kettle and to just use those. So he then said "no it's ok, I'm making it now" and I look over to see pieces of white bread floating in my wort!

I finally get that debacle taken care of, and I look away from my now cooling wort and there are dead leaves and seaweed floating all around in it. A little girl comes up to the wort and decides to reach her entire arm into it to get something out that she happened to drop into it.

Talk about being unsanitary!

Stand back, amateurs. This is one only a psychiatrist can interpret.

A contamination dream obviously means that you have slept with a woman who wasn't clean.

:)

Back