Homebrew Coaster Design and Tap Identification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maconmatt

Reaction score
I've just finished building a custom kegerator and have been racking my brain trying to come up with a simple, clean solution to identifying whats on tap. I wanted to keep it simple, without crazy tap handles, etc.

I think i came up with a pretty good solution. I got some custom coaster printed from Katz Americas with my "brewery" logo on it. I left an area blank so I can write/stamp/etc. in the actual brew type or name. I then found a rubber shaker mat on ebay. After cutting out the little "nibs" in the bottom, the coasters fit PERFECTLY in the mat and will now serve as my drip tray. I can replace the coasters as my brews change.

A simple, clean and inexpensive solution. Exactly what I was looking for!

DSC_7086.jpg

DSC_7087.jpg

DSC_7090.jpg

DSC_7092.jpg

I like that! I'll have to looking to the coaster and see about something similar for my keezer

Looks good, simple and classy. However a problem I see is that you will need to change those coasters out more often than the kegs. Those cardboard coasters will soak up the spilled beer and get pretty funky quickly.

Do you have access to a lamination machine? Might make cleanup a bit easier.

Nice idea maconmatt,

Just a thought, if you don't want to use cardboard, I think they make coaster kits you can design yourself. My wife picked one up a few years ago at a hobby store. The coasters themselves were granite or some other stone and you simply print out your picture/design on special paper (transparent?) and laminate it onto the coaster. Came out really good. Maybe you could print out your brewery name on that and then add a sticker of some sort at the bottom for each new brew.

Anyway, just a thought.

Back