Home Project...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
Can it be less than 400.00:confused:
Today I manged to drop 400+ on sheetrock and some other "stuff" for a very small hallway.

Our house was built in the 50's when wallpaper everywhere was the thing. So rather than try to strip it (tried it w/ my daughters room) i figured it was easier to gut and rerock.

Of course the price of trim work (white primed colonial) was what really killed me but....

sorry for the midless ramble, I have had a couple to ease the pain:drunk:

buckrogers71 said:
Can it be less than 400.00:confused:
Today I manged to drop 400+ on sheetrock and some other "stuff" for a very small hallway.

Our house was built in the 50's when wallpaper everywhere was the thing. So rather than try to strip it (tried it w/ my daughters room) i figured it was easier to gut and rerock.

Of course the price of trim work (white primed colonial) was what really killed me but....

sorry for the midless ramble, I have had a couple to ease the pain:drunk:

seems about par unless your a contractor. Next time I suggest using "Contractors Solvent" it will strip that wall paper very easy and wont leave residue. You can get it at any hardware store.

My house is of similar vintage (a little older), and I've gutted several rooms. It's not even old dryway, it's some kind of concrete fiber board that's a total PITA. On the plus side, it's given me opportunity to improve the insulation while I've got the walls open.

But yeah, I feel your pain... was feeling really poor a while back, and it's all the money that was going out to the Home Depot... :(

the_bird said:
On the plus side, it's given me opportunity to improve the insulation while I've got the walls open.

I have the same problem ZERO insulation! I have to gut my living room and kitchen to make the house efficient.

Gotta love it;)

I also am in the same boat with insulation and some of that crappy plaster over concrete board. I have been working on finishing my basement for quite some time now and when I got to the stairwell where they stopped with that board at the first floor and i had to meet it with 5/8" rock i had to blend in with Bondo cause the sheet rock was 3/8" inset in spots and about the same protruding in other spots and if I were to try and skim that in with compound Id be there for months, istead I used the Bondo to blend and it took a day but the stench made my wife and kids leave for hours. Kind of nice.

Back