Home brewing saved the day!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauer_62

Reaction score
this morning i was making a birthday cake for my youngest son. going over the recipe i found i was short on one ingredient. the recipe called for 2 cups sugar and i only had 1 1/2. so my wife asked me if i wanted her to drive into town and pick some up. we were runing out of time and couldnt wait. i was digging through our balking items when it dawned on me......i can just use the corn sugar i use for bottling to fill complete the two cups. quickly i went down to the basement and grabbed my 5 lbs bag of corn sugar. topped off the remaining portion of sugar. mixed everything together and in the oven it went. home brewing really saved the day.

We've had instances like that.Or no sugar for morning coffee during the week...oh, the horror! One time, I ordered a beer kit & a 4lb bag of dextrose from Midwest, & they doubled my order. Free beer & free extra 4lbs of dex. Still working on that 8lbs, even after coffee & baking with it....

Back