Home Brewing in Italy??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephJams

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently moved to Italy, near Rome, and I'm trying to find a way to feed my newly nascent home brewing addiction, but it's not easy; this is wine country! :) I've looked into getting ingredients shipped, mostly from the UK, but the cost is very steep. Does anyone have suggestions? Been in the same position?

Compounding the pain of brewing withdrawal are messages from my friends talking about their current brewing adventures. I'm unraveling!

-J

In the Trastevere area of Rome there is a beer bar that serves what looks like good food, called bir & fud. When I was in Rome a year or so ago, I stopped there and had some really good Italian craft beer. They had taps and casks..good stuff. There is also a bar across the street that has other commercial craft offerings, including belgian and whatnot. One of those places might be good to check on to get an idea of the beer scene/homebrew happenings in the Rome area.

The bir and fud place has a blog:
http://birefud.blogspot.com/

Apparently there is a post talking about homebrew =)

Good luck. Italy is a cool place, and while I wasn't there for beer, the craft beer I had there was quite good.

When I was there they were having a homebrew club meeting at bir and fud. Ask them about it if you are in the area. They are cool, they let me sample every beer on tap for free.

I have moved to a country area in Lombardy and am wondering where to get hold of home brewing stuff.

Back