North Carolina Home brew shops in southeastern NC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kartracer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about retiring near the beach in southern North Carolina, but need to continue my brewing. How close is the nearest (<1 hour drive) good home brew shop?
Thanks,
Mike

I live near Wilmington and the nearest good shop is Atlantic brew supply in Raleigh. They are family owned and are a great online option with friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff. They sell grains and hops by the ounce and in larger quantities and have a pretty good equipment selection as well. They offer flat rate and free shipping options based on the value of your order and in my area, I get my orders pretty much next day or 2 days at the most.

There is a nano brewery on the north side of Wilmington called broomtail brewery, that has a nano shop next door called amazing grains. I've not been there in a few years because when I went they were just selling some of their surplus grains and hops and a smattering of equipment and yeasts. It is a pretty long drive from where I live and for the selection they had at the time it wasn't really worth the drive when I can get anything I want from Atlantic. I've gone into the shop a couple times when I've been in a jam, but the selection is pretty limited and I got the impression that they didn't really want to deal with me unless I was buying a bunch of stuff. Pre-pandemic they had a club that ran out of the shop, but I don't know if it survived the shut downs. The brewery is pretty good though. They have a nice brown ale and their bier de garde is very good when they have it.

I think there is also a shop in Myrtle Beach, but I almost never get down that way so can't give any info on it.

Good luck! And if you hear or find any good shops let us know. I'd like to have a good local shop option too.

Cheers!

Back