holy water, marijuana and mace oh my!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I am on the beer calculus website and under misc. ingredients there are some strange items... Marijuana is kinda strange. Holy water is definitely strange and that is coming from a religious individual and mace??? Who would use these ingredients in beer and why??

Well, holy water is often added to beer in various European countries and Washington DC during the wintertime when vampires are out looking for young virgins. :drunk:

Mace, along with Nutmeg, is hallucinogenic in the proper amounts, which is why you don't find these spices in most prison kitchens.

In my opinion, lots of people throw all kinds of **** in their beers. It doesn't mean it's good.

It seems like tons of new brewers want to make a "coconut pecan chocolate marshmellow pale ale" or the like, because they can, I guess. I've seen everything from basil to rosemary, peppercorns, schnapps, etc in recipes. And yes, even MJ. I had a friend who would "throw in" molasses, coriander, or whatever else struck her.

Her beers sucked. But she liked them, and that's the important thing.

I am on the beer calculus website and under misc. ingredients there are some strange items... Marijuana is kinda strange. Holy water is definitely strange and that is coming from a religious individual and mace??? Who would use these ingredients in beer and why??

Mace is a spice from the nutmeg tree.

I got a few old burnt off tires in the back yard too, doesn't mean I'm gunna try it in my beer. Prolly taste like burnt rubber!:drunk:

How would you even stanitize a mace?

images.jpg

I still lol at the first reply in this thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/leaf-fell-while-cooling-199727/

In my opinion, lots of people throw all kinds of **** in their beers. It doesn't mean it's good.

It seems like tons of new brewers want to make a "coconut pecan chocolate marshmellow pale ale" or the like, because they can, I guess. I've seen everything from basil to rosemary, peppercorns, schnapps, etc in recipes. And yes, even MJ. I had a friend who would "throw in" molasses, coriander, or whatever else struck her.

Her beers sucked. But she liked them, and that's the important thing.

I'm with you, Yooper. I like to stick to the German Purity Law myself. Barley, hops, water, yeast...that's what makes good beer.

If your handle has a wooden mace, that sounds like a good idea.

I try to avoid using wooden maces (or any other wooden implements) for brewing, though.

Nothing beats (like) a good ol' stainless mace...

I prefer having my mace with either a teflon or titanium coating... The gore just wipes right off of it... :D Of course, some "no-slip" on the handle is usually required (and a good tether)... :rockin:

Whatever you do, just be sure to add your mace in the secondary rather than during the boil otherwise it won't impart any of its flavor.

Latest posts

Back