Holy S**t! Bar Keepers Friend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, figured I'd update this: 1oz Star San in 1 Gal water. I soaked my Beerstone coated SS coils for about 2 hours and most of it wiped right off without any scrubbing. There were a few stubborn spots that were hard to reach, so I let it soak overnight and that wiped right off as well. Magic!

So, figured I'd update this: 1oz Star San in 1 Gal water. I soaked my Beerstone coated SS coils for about 2 hours and most of it wiped right off without any scrubbing. There were a few stubborn spots that were hard to reach, so I let it soak overnight and that wiped right off as well. Magic!
Oxalic acid (an ingredient in BarKeeper's friend) works really well for beer stone. Fairly cheap too.

But when it gets low I might go with @IslandLizard 's suggestion.
There's more in BKF than just Oxalic Acid, it contains a fine scouring powder too, such as in Comet.

BKF is fairly cheap too, and comes in larger cans.

Another thing...
Although Amazon is good for referencing products, it frequently does not have the best pricing. That "free shipping" can be quite deceiving, you really need to watch out, and be somewhat price-aware. When you've found a suitable product, do a general search on that item, then sort by price, low to high, to get the lay of the land.

Back