Holy fermentation Batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burntchef

Reaction score
So my third batch of beer in, I made a starter. 1# dme 3 liters of water, and 11 gallons of wort at 1.050 in a 15g fermenter pitched at 61 degrees F. 18 hours later I discovered that the s airlock was empty of fluid and about a quart of foam/wort was on the lid of the fermenter. I whipped up a quick blow off tube to the top of the fermenter using a mason jar and cleaned up the mess. After work I found a 1/3 of a mason jar full of yuck and it was still rolling. I changed out the mason jar and replaced with a clean one and it is still rolling.
I obviously am getting to somewhere in regard to abv on this go round. Time and the hydrometer will tell the tale. Neither of my previous batches had anywhere near this amount of activity due in part I think because of:
mash temp to high
yeast pitch not enough
Can not wait for the results!
Eric

I removed the blow off tube and replaced with the standard s lock today and she is still rolling.
Eric

As the eternal Tom Petty said, this is the hardest part...

Seriously, good job and good luck!

Back