Holy crap, it worked!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomakana

Reaction score
Hello all! Just started home brewing this year, kind of on a whim as I thought "it can't be that hard to make my own hard cider" - and it's now just rolling from there. I'm doing 1-gallon kits at the moment

Started with a hard cider kit a few months ago - decent results, although I wasn't patient with the bottle conditioning, so no carbonation, but drinkable.

I just sampled my first beer recipe yesterday, and learned that patience in the process definitely helps! It's Northern Brewer's German Blonde, and I very carefully made sure to give it plenty of time in primary, then bottled and left it alone for 2 weeks before chilling and cracking the first one... It was a shockingly good feeling to pour it and see an actual beer, with nice color and head and everything! And it tasted like it was (presumably) supposed to as well! Unfortunately, that means I'm probably hooked now.

I want to send out a general thanks to everyone involved in this board. I've been lurking for a couple months now soaking up information, and I plan to keep participating. Looking forward to a new hobby!

TPA

Back