Holy Bejeez! Had the last of my first batch the other night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
And all I can say is wow...

To all of the other noobs out here - take note that your patience is greatly rewarded. I never TRULY appreciated this until the other night. I gave my father in law one of my English Brown Ales from my very first batch. This beer from start to when we drank it last night was like 3+ months. It spent at least 2 of those months in the bottle and we cracked it last night for the Stupidbowl.

When they say that your LAST homebrew is always the best, holy cow... I honestly dont think Ive tasted a better brew in my life. That was AMAZING!!!

I think I need to save at least 1 or 2 out of every batch from now on. That beer was beyond heaven. WAY Better than I thought it could be.
-Me

And all I can say is wow...

To all of the other noobs out here - take note that your patience is greatly rewarded. I never TRULY appreciated this until the other night. I gave my father in law one of my English Brown Ales from my very first batch. This beer from start to when we drank it last night was like 3+ months. It spent at least 2 of those months in the bottle and we cracked it last night for the Stupidbowl.

When they say that your LAST homebrew is always the best, holy cow... I honestly dont think Ive tasted a better brew in my life. That was AMAZING!!!

I think I need to save at least 1 or 2 out of every batch from now on. That beer was beyond heaven. WAY Better than I thought it could be.
-Me

:D

Toldja so....

:mug:

Okay noobs lurking...this is a big deal here...listen to what this man has to say....he was where you were once. In fact he practically drank his first batch before he even brewed it, it was so green. :D

I had the same thing. Bottled mine at the end of November (if I remember right) and after trying the first few after 3+ weeks I was disappointed. It tastes amazing now. I still have about a dozen bottles left and I'm only having 1 a week or so to try to stretch them out while I get my next batch brewing.

Okay, so how long is too long? I am having the same experience with my first batch. I have 10 left and they have been in the bottle for about 5 weeks. I drank to during the SB and they were much better than the Sam Adams I was drinking or the IPA. I am going to hold on to those last 10 like they are Benjamins but I certainly don't want to wait too long and let them go over the hill.:cross:

Okay, so how long is too long? I am having the same experience with my first batch. I have 10 left and they have been in the bottle for about 5 weeks. I drank to during the SB and they were much better than the Sam Adams I was drinking or the IPA. I am going to hold on to those last 10 like they are Benjamins but I certainly don't want to wait too long and let them go over the hill.:cross:

There's no scientific way to predict it and every recipe is different there are way too many variables involved.....Gravity, ingredients, etc.... but we recommend that people not judge their beer till it's been at least 3 weeks in the bottle, but some beers don't even carb up for 4-6 weeks...

I have had beers that needed months to improve, and became the best beer I ever had...

Read this...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/ne...virtue-time-heals-all-things-even-beer-73254/

A lot of us posted stories there.

Heed the wise words of Revvy - he knows what he speaks of.

If you can get past the silly Franklandia bow on his noggin.
-Me

Im sipping the last of a corny of a SN Celebration clone, it's 5 month's old. Pure freaking heaven. If you brew enough you can properly age your beers to perfection.

I'm getting sick of buying beer when I have 10 gallons sitting in my closet-5 gallons which were bottled a week ago and 5 which are still in the primary. Buying all these import beers for "taste tests" to see what I want to brew next is getting expensive. I'm going to have to break down and buy some Bud Light or something while I wait......

I'm getting sick of buying beer when I have 10 gallons sitting in my closet-5 gallons which were bottled a week ago and 5 which are still in the primary. Buying all these import beers for "taste tests" to see what I want to brew next is getting expensive. I'm going to have to break down and buy some Bud Light or something while I wait......

Find a shop that does mixed sixer's of craft brews..I got a place that I can mix and match for about 9 bucks...I do that when there's gaps in my pipeline...I try new styles and get to build up bottle stock...

I'd prefer to drink my beers at their prime...usually I get overlap and have stuff coming online every couple of weeks...but there are gaps in mine quite alot...so I take that time for research...I've found that I don't have to spend 15 bucks for a sixer of one type...when I can play around with trying different things for a few bucks less.

You guys are really getting me jazzed to brew this spring. I talked with my father tonight and pushed a few buttons to try and get him to his storage bin sooner rather than later. I checked out a brew supply in Northampton, MA and may just buy my first set-up on my own. Then when DOD busts his stuff out, I'll have two systems going!

Joe Mama and others....read my signature....(well, except the part about "does anyone read my sig"). I've been saying it all along...

And Revvy - no offense dude, but the new avatar; yeah, not so much...

all I can say is wow...

-Me

I just had this exact same experience with the last bottle of my first homebrew....at 3.5 months old and forgotten in the back of the fridge, I cracked the best robust porter I've ever had in my life.....I wish I'd saved more, but I gave most of it away early on in my excitement over actually making beer.....:eek:

all I can say is wow...

-Me

I just had this exact same experience with the last bottle of my first homebrew....at 3.5 months old and forgotten in the back of the fridge, I cracked the best robust porter I've ever had in my life.....I wish I'd saved more, but I gave most of it away early on in my excitement over actually making beer.....:eek:

After reading so much here while my first batch went through 3 weeks in primary and
in the end of it's first week in conditioning I'm totally set on letting most of it age out
to 2-3 months.

The anticipation alone should make that aged brew taste like gold.

Gonna bottle my brown ale today. Ive been saving a boomer of a dubbel I made back in November just for this occasion! I haven't had any of it since Christmas (my family and I crushed what homebrew i had left during the holidays), so I'm hoping that it turns out as good as you guys say it will!

Im sipping the last of a corny of a SN Celebration clone, it's 5 month's old. Pure freaking heaven. If you brew enough you can properly age your beers to perfection.

You know your avatar is pure freeking heaven.
Just reading along, enjoying the stories and then look over to the left and BAM! It's like finding a $20 in your pocket that you didn't know was there.
:ban:

Back