Holiday freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobrap

Reaction score
Today was a day of firsts for me. :D My first post. My first homebrew is in the bottles. Ordered my kegerator kit from Kegconnection and picked up a 7cf Holiday freezer from Lowes. Anyone else using this freezer? If so, how did you get the seal off the lid? I plan on putting a collar on this but haven't decided how big. The wood I have to choose from is whitewood(?), red oak, cedar, poplar and, of course, pine. Any suggestions? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

I was hoping to find pins or clips, but, there aren't any. It looks like it's just glued together.:confused:

I've been running the same freezer now for a few months. Leave the seal in place. And add another seal to the bottom of the collar. How many taps/kegs do you plan on getting in there. With my 1x4 collar I can only ever manage 3 though I suppose you can get another on the hump with a big enough collar and others say you can get a fourth on the floor.

I think I'm just gonna do 3. But, who knows, maybe a 4th. Haven't got all the kit to start yet, all on order. Probably a New Year Project.

Back