Holiday ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickel23

Reaction score
I have brewed my first 5 gallon batch of holiday ale for Christmas gifts..Can I bottle it after two weeks?

If it's done fermenting in two weeks, sure! Just be sure people know to keep it at room temp for a few weeks and then in the fridge for a week (or month) or two before drinking any

Wait until your beer has reached final gravity and then give it at least three days for the yeast to clean up. Low gravity beers will bottle condition in about a week to a week and a half at 70° to 75°. Chill a few days to force the CO2 in the headspace into solution before gifting them.

i bottled mine after 2 weeks in primary and this upcoming Sunday will be 2 weeks in the bottle. im going to sample then. I'll have 3 1/2 weeks total bottle conditioning by xmas day and I'm hoping for the best! good luck :mug:

I have brewed my first 5 gallon batch of holiday ale for Christmas gifts..Can I bottle it after two weeks?

I bottled a batch of oatmeal stout after being in the fermenter for 3 weeks. When I was ready to bottle I checked the gravity and it was right where the software predicted the final gravity would be so I bottled it. I have had one bottle bomb from that batch. Are you sure yours is done fermenting after 2 weeks?

Back