History Channel's "The Vikings"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leightonp

Reaction score
I love this show. Every time I watch it I get an itch to try a batch of mead. Then I see how long the conditioning time for mead is and think "I could totally conquer a whole new world in that time frame". How in the hell did our ancestors drink so damn much. It seems like they spent equal time brewing mead and devouring foreign nations. Which gives me an idea for a new government, but il leave that for another forum.

What we consider a good mead today is likely not what they drank back then. A lot of alcoholic drinks back then were consumed much earlier than we drink our stuff today.

Mead may also have been just one of several fermented drinks they made.

And, I've read that depending on the strength you make, and the process you use, you can make a mead in like 2 months today.

I don't know how they do that, because I've tried to make a drier mead and it's still taken me a lot longer to get it conditioned.

I watched for like, 2 hours and never saw Chris Carter or Fran Tarkenton or anyone really.

The "History" channel has gone way down hill.

Latest posts

Back