highest krausen you've ever seen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancness

Reaction score
I've never seen one over about 3 inches. (that's what she said)

What is the highest krausen you've seen in your fermenter, and what was the style and yeast used?

Just did a "belgian pale" that filled my primary to the top about 8 inches or so and then foamed up my container with the blow off tube in it!

Boy am I glad I used a blow off tube!

+1 to ceiling...it would be the hefe I made last spring that blew its top in my closet and ended up all over the ceiling.

as you can see this went all the way up into my blow off tube

West Coast Blaster Red Ale

5 gallons in a 6 gallon PET bottle

-=Jason=-

IMG_20110307_192331.jpg

My 23L batch of summer pale ale went some 6" or so to the top of the fermenter lid with brown krausen. It was pushing against the lid so hard,the cooper's micro FV was creaking like an old wooden ship! But she held her ground,& has been in bottles for 2 weeks this Sunday.

The last couple batches ive been pitching on a previous yeast cake, the krausen has been bubbling out of the fermenter in less tan 12 hours (5.5g of beer in a 6.5g carboy). Huge mess from the RIS i did, (after i cleaned it up i thought i should have taken a damn picture of it or a movie of it pulsating out of my airlock but too late), but the IPA's its just a little puddle on my fermenting room floor.

I brewed my first American Wheat w/ orange peel and coriander a month ago. Used Wyeast 1010. The OG wasn't too large so I thought nothing of it. I use 7.5 buckets and had to change out airlocks about 5 times(Didn't have any extra tubing for a blowoff. I do now!).

From now on, the wheats get the tube!

i made a stout with windsor once that had the bucket lid buldged so high I was scared to touch it. krausen at least 4"

I have a Tripel fermenting that filled 5 feet of blow-off tube and most of a 2 gallon jug...

coming soon...to a fridge near you!

Back