Hi I'm Brian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiImBrian

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Brian. Please feel free to call me Brian. I will laugh quietly to myself if you call me HiImBrian. I've been home brewing for over a year now and am finally to the point where I'm graduating to all grain brewing. I'm just about wrapped up with acquiring all the necessary essentials and will post up some pics this weekend because who doesn't like pictures!

A little about me...I’m 26 an graduated from North Dakota State Univ with a degree in mechanical engineering. I now live in Colorado and design/sell HVAC systems for commercial kitchen applications as well a lot of pot shops and breweries. I am an avid adventure seeker and love things that end in –ing.

I've been home brewing over the last year or so and my passion for brewing and beer in general has been growing into what I've realized could potentially be my new vocation. I've recently been contemplating the idea of getting into the industry and am at a point where I'd like to learn what it is that actually looks like. Whether it's an engineering role for a larger brewery, or the startup of a small pub, I'd like to pick the brains of all people on different levels and try to figure out where God might have me end up. I’m here to lean!

ScreenShot2014-08-07at101328AM.png
...Cheers!

PS I would absolutely LOVE to join in on a brew day, or shadow an older/wiser brewer sometime to pick up some new techniques. If any OGs are lookin for an extra hand sometime, I'd be happy to help.

Brian, Right On! Glad you are here. If you listen to the still, small voice, He will show you your path.

Mechanically inclined types will have a field day in this place! We have scientists, engineers, writers (I'm one)...all kids of edumakated folks around here. Plus making all kinds of foods like cheese, sausage, BBQ, bread, etc. It's all here somewhere. So enjoy! :mug:

Hi, I'm Brian. Please feel free to call me Brian. I will laugh quietly to myself if you call me HiImBrian. I've been home brewing for over a year now and am finally to the point where I'm graduating to all grain brewing. I'm just about wrapped up with acquiring all the necessary essentials and will post up some pics this weekend because who doesn't like pictures!

A little about me...I’m 26 an graduated from North Dakota State Univ with a degree in mechanical engineering. I now live in Colorado and design/sell HVAC systems for commercial kitchen applications as well a lot of pot shops and breweries. I am an avid adventure seeker and love things that end in –ing.

I've been home brewing over the last year or so and my passion for brewing and beer in general has been growing into what I've realized could potentially be my new vocation. I've recently been contemplating the idea of getting into the industry and am at a point where I'd like to learn what it is that actually looks like. Whether it's an engineering role for a larger brewery, or the startup of a small pub, I'd like to pick the brains of all people on different levels and try to figure out where God might have me end up. I’m here to lean!
ScreenShot2014-08-07at101328AM.png
...Cheers!

Hi You're Brian.... Welcome to the site..... So does that mean you are into Lite Beer??;)

Brian, Right On! Glad you are here. If you listen to the still, small voice, He will show you your path.

Amen brotha!

Mechanically inclined types will have a field day in this place! We have scientists, engineers, writers (I'm one)...all kids of edumakated folks around here. Plus making all kinds of foods like cheese, sausage, BBQ, bread, etc. It's all here somewhere. So enjoy! :mug:

Whoa Nelly, I think I'll stick to just beer for now, but good to know I can expect good food anytime I show up to a local gathering!

Hi You're Brian.... Welcome to the site..... So does that mean you are into Lite Beer??;)

That means I love a little lacing left over in my glass :) I'm not going to discriminate! I've got love for all beers haha...

edit: I said I'm an engineer not a writer! haha definitely didn't catch that, even after you pointed it out. Time for me to get some glasses on.

P.S. I have to say that this forum format or w/e is my absolute favorite. I've been on a good handful of different boards in my day (car junkie) and this is by far the best platform I've been on. Importing pics, quoting, finding new threads...uh it feels good to be home :)

Welcome home, maggot brain..cop a squat. I'm a gearhead too & hang out on prober talk here & there. gotta get busy on the '99 Mustang GT as well. But these days, beer & writing are my passions...& food.

You are here to lean? Really, on what, or whom may I ask? Oh, wait a minute, you meant you are here to learn, right? Nice looking beer too.

Yup....... This is a great site with a wealth of information and fellow brewers who are willing to share their knowledge. You'll enjoy your time here....

Welcome home, maggot brain..cop a squat. I'm a gearhead too & hang out on prober talk here & there. gotta get busy on the '99 Mustang GT as well. But these days, beer & writing are my passions...& food.

I used to be active on more boards than I'd like to admit. Mostly Mitsubishi (DSM) stuff. I had a pretty build up awd turbo 4 banger for a while that would move. I've got an 06 Subaru WRX wagon now to get me to the slopes n back. Other than a little suspension stuff, I don't wrench much anymore. Bought a CBR to fulfill all my speed cravings.

You are here to lean? Really, on what, or whom may I ask? Oh, wait a minute, you meant you are here to learn, right? Nice looking beer too.

Anybody else feelin this right now? It's Friday and it's been a long week. Might be the caffeine talking. haha thanks MindenMan
lean-wit-it-rock-wit-it.jpg

Welcome! Someone beat me to the obligatory "I'm Here To Lean" ribbing. Alack and alas.

Oh well, I think you will do well. Engineers of all types are seemingly drawn to the hobby as there are plenty of opportunities to build things and there are processes to play with, and then at the end, YOU GET BEER!

Welcome, and I hope you have a good time, HiImBrian.

Welcome to the group, from Aurora :mug:

I don't know where in CO you are, but if you want to share a homebrew or a brewday, you're welcome to join me.

We don't necessary have a "project thread" area do we? I know there's a DIY section and this would go perfectly there...with the other 98332989 DIY Keggle projects, but I'll keep to my own thread for now.

This Thread which shows a couple very nicely made keggles with lots of pictures for us visual people. My only only issue is with the jig he made. My angle grinder doesn't have an attachment point there, so I had to follow what This Guy Did and make a sketchy wooden jig! Results were good and I'm well on my way to a decent all grain setup! With a little grinding and a couple ball valves with pickups they should be pretty nice.

10565072_10101998638993400_6474632311505807563_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back