Hi from Santa Barbara

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utouchme

Reaction score
Hey there. Greetings from the pleasant climes of the central coast of California.

I brewed a couple of Cooper's kits a number of years ago while living in Sydney, and since then have been itching to do the real thing. I've been lurking around here for the last two weeks or so while getting a feel of what I am in for, and have certainly learned a thing or two already. I went ahead and got a partial mash kit for a red ale which I will start on Monday when I get home from out of town.

Thanks for this forum and all the expert advice!

-Onno

Are you in SB proper, Goleta, or (gasp) Isla Vista?

Lived in IV long ago, in my younger, wilder days. After many years of wandering, I've found myself back in SB proper. Eastside!

How 'bout yourself, are you around these parts?

Edit - Well duh, now I see that you're in Visalia...

During my wilder, younger days I went to SBCC whilst living in IV and eventually Goleta. There's a decent brew club in the area, no?

Not sure about a brew club just yet, but if they're here, I will find them!

Brewhouse is a great brewpub; always a great selection of different styles and great food to boot.

Telegraph brewery is also a great microbrewery, and although there is no pub attached, they are open everyday for tastings and I would recommend stopping by if ever you're in town.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back