Hi from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinebarrensbrew

Reaction score
Hey all my names Erik. I'm a new brewer (just got my 5th "real" batch into primary this afternoon had 3 mr beer batches prior). After scavenging off the posts for a while I decided to join and mabey lend a helpful if not supporting hand to a brand new brewer just because I'm so close to the start myself. I consider myself a decently quick learner and retain info pretty well. I've read most home brewing books available on kindle lol so some knowledge is in my head but not nearly enough for me. So I'm hoping with much more experience and help from veteran brewer on here ill be able to hone my brewing and make some brews that will make me have to take a step back and just smile. So for all the help I've already gotten and for all the help I'm sure to receive by you great folks, I'd like to say thanks!!!!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the 5th batch.

I grew up in Bayville.. right down the street from Beachwood. How'd you make out from Sandy?

My quarter of town didn't lose power for more than 40 mins. The rest of the town was out 14 days. Bayville down by the bay or trashed pretty bad. Inland had alot of those big nasty pitch pines twist down and old oaks uproot. Double trouble park was closed for a while after the storm too. It was nasty

Yea, my rents still live there.

Glad to hear everything is okay on your end.

Best of luck on your brews and let me know how your Cyser turns out... might brew some soon.

Ok will do. The recipe I used I found online and the guy posted it here. The sg tube sample wound up in a pint glass and it tasted like sweet cooled mulled cider. As long as it doesn't get infected somehow I can't see it turning out bad. I'm gonna bring a couple young bottles down to a camping trip at bass river at the end of April so ill let you know how it is after. I don't think The 3 gallons will last long after tasting the must. Ill have to make 5 gallons and age until fall.

Latest posts

Back