Hi from Massachusetts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to the brew store for yeast to make sourdough bread starter and came home with a one-gallon Irish Red kit. I started reading the forums here as soon as I got home. My first brewing attempt is about 6 days old and I'm already considering a 5 gallon setup! Seems like a long wait for a little beer :)

"Listen to Bird... he is wise."
I did!
Thanks for the welcome!
Just bottled the Irish Red, am currently cooking a one-gallon Golden Ale for the Mr., and have my new 5 gallon set up for tomorrow's American Pale Ale.

I started with 5 gallon ale kit on Jan 1st 2011, just now finished racking Cooper Bitter American Ale. I had done made batches of True Brew Brown Ale - extract,
Strange Brew Irish red - partial, Strange Brew Blueberry ale - extract,Hard Cider, and America light ale - extract.

how was it going now? making any other brews yet? working on 9th batch of the year on sept 15th for Kline red clone ale.

how was it going now? making any other brews yet? working on 9th batch of the year on sept 15th for Kline red clone ale.

Just picked up stuff for a smoked porter and a coffee stout. I bailed on bottling pretty quickly, but may bottle half of each these batches to give as gifts. :)
Hope you're enjoying this community as much as I am!

Back