Hey Guys Newbie from New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RushN24

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Dan, Im from New Jersey. For the past few weeks I have been reading a ton of books and articles about home brewing and I finally got a chance to buy some good equipment and some ingredients and get brewing.

On the 11th I brewed my first batch of beer, True Brew IPA. I know I know its a kit beer but it seemed like a good place to start. It is in fact coming along nicely from what I can tell, however, its pretty dark amber color, not typical of an IPA. It was really a lot of fun to make and the ingredients smelled and tasted awesome. No I didn't eat any hops (there's nothing quite like the smell of raw hops), but I tasted some wort and tried a little crystal malt. I'll have to see if there is a thread reviewing any of these kits and I'll write more about it there.

Long story short I hope to learn a lot here as my brewing skills grow and my passion for beer develops. I look forward to contributing to the community as well. See you all around the forums, CHEERS!:mug:

Nothing wrong with starting with kits. Most people do. Welcome to the hobby. Post up your questions, there are a ton of people here that will help.

Nothing wrong with starting with kits. Most people do.
Yeah. Kits are the best way to start. Makes it easier to identify any problem that you might have in your process when you know that the recipe is sound.

Welcome! New Jersey is pretty well represented here.
Where in the state are you from?

Nothing wrong with kits(I'm using them) and some of them come out fantastic. Welcome to the boards and your new hobby.

Welcome to the board. Jersey coming out of the wood work. What part of Jersey are you from?

Central Jersey has the WHALES Home Brew club and North Jersey has NJ HOPZ. So if you're interested in a club, there ya go.

This hobby WILL consume your every thought!!!hehehe

Good to see Jersey representing strong!!Welcome my friend
Hope the IPA comes out stellar!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am in central Jersey, I grew up in Manalapan, and now I am living in Monroe. Thanks for the tip about the clubs Janzik, I definitely want to join one, but I'll have to work on freeing up some time so that I can be dedicated.

I am actually a little surprised to hear everyone mentioning a big representation from Jersey as a side from a few brew pubs, and a few micro breweries I wasn't aware we had any sort of beer scene what so ever. But I guess that's why I am here because I have a lot to learn.

Oh and Brewslut (the names hilarious) it already has consumed my every thought. I am constantly reading articles and I have read a few books about brewing. This hobby can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be, as I'm sure everyone already knows, and I really like all the little details an variations.

Thanks again!

My first brew was a Truebrew Red Ale. Two years later, my friends are *still* talking about how good that beer was.

Welcome to the hobby/obsession! Enjoy the ride :) Drop a line if you make it up northwesterly and we'll tip a few pints.

-Joe

Latest posts

Back