Hey, from middle California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johow

Reaction score
I decided to join this group because every time I asked Google a question, it brought me here. My oldest son is a brewer and as soon as I logged in here, I saw that my younger son is already here and starting to brew as well. A coincidence, well I am their father so I guess not. Anyway, I have only brewed a couple of extract batches several years ago but I am looking forward to doing my first all grain batch soon. I am about to embark on a trip around the USA, where I hope to sample some nice beers and as soon as I return home, I'll start my first home brew. I look forward to learning a great deal here from this group. cheers!!!

Welcome! Are you getting to Michigan on your trip at all? We have the best beers, in my humble opinion which is fact.

We'll be leaving north California for a visit with my sister in Oregon then east to Bend where we will make a stop at Deshutes brewery for a fresh squeeze, then on east loosely via the old Oregon trail. We'll stop where possible to sample a brew when it is convenient. Anybody got a favorite brew in Wyoming or Idaho? When we get to about Pennsylvania or NY, we'll head south, probably not going to make it to Maine this time. Going down to FL and back west thru the gulf states.

We'll be leaving north California for a visit with my sister in Oregon then east to Bend where we will make a stop at Deshutes brewery for a fresh squeeze, then on east loosely via the old Oregon trail. We'll stop where possible to sample a brew when it is convenient. Anybody got a favorite brew in Wyoming or Idaho? When we get to about Pennsylvania or NY, we'll head south, probably not going to make it to Maine this time. Going down to FL and back west thru the gulf states.

Sounds like a great trip! Welcome! Seems like one could spend a lifetime just sampling the California and Oregon micrbrews :mug:

If you make it to the 395 in California, hit me up and I'll share our club beers with you. Drive safe!

Sounds like a great trip! Welcome! Seems like one could spend a lifetime just sampling the California and Oregon micrbrews :mug:

Hi Mike, I came through your beautiful town last year on a trip around the Northern California, Oregon coast. You guys have the best state park campgrouns ever! What is your favorite local brewery?
Cheers!

Hi Mike, I came through your beautiful town last year on a trip around the Northern California, Oregon coast. You guys have the best state park campgrouns ever! What is your favorite local brewery?
Cheers!

We do have some great camping spots! I think my fave local brew is Chetco Brewing. I do knock back a bit of their Thunder Rock IPA. They finally opened a tap room in town too :)

Back