Hey folkies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus MacDonald

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Figured I'd introduce myself and whatnot. I'm from Inverness in Scotland and I'm currently drinking my way through an English Bitter, which was my first brew. Currently have 12L of cider fermenting and I'm waiting on another fermenting bucket to arrive so that I can either brew a 10L batch of wine or hard lemonade.

I've got plans for my brewing. So many plans and I shall rope as many of you in as help when needed. Mwahahahaha

h2F43917A

If you could, post a photo of a glass of that hard lemonade when it's ready and a word or two about it?

If you could, post a photo of a glass of that hard lemonade when it's ready and a word or two about it?

It's currently fermenting away. I decided to make it pink lemonade so I chucked in a couple of punnets of raspberries. In a few weeks I'll bottle it and let it mature then I will indeed give a photo. Next batch after one of my current runs are done was going to be another apple cider but I'm noticing a couple of blueberry bushes are starting to ripen so... blueberry cider it is.

No photo yet since it's still fermenting. The pH ended up around 3 which I suspect has retarded the yeast. It's now week three and there is still fermentation slowly happening. The current hydrometer reading is 1.006 which I could stop it at but I fancy getting it all the way down to 1.000 or 0.998 before bottling it. Gonna probably have it ready to drink around late October.

Ok I bottled the pink lemonade. Added about 3 - 4 tablespoons of sweetener. Can certainly taste the booze, gonna let it mature for couple of of months before I taste again. Ignore the pint, it's there because there wasn't enough to fill the last bottle I'd cleaned.

Pink lemonade.jpg

Back