Hey everybody! Signing in from Akron Ohio.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black95tt

Reaction score
Good evening fellow brewers. My name is Ryan. I've been an avid homebrewer for about 7 years now. I started out doing the whole stove top extract thing and quickly moved to all grain. Shortly after that I stopped bottling and now keg almost all of my beers. I've never entered any competitions, although I've been told I should, most of this nonsense is for the fun of it. Although, being a member of Ratebeer for several years, I do know, seek out, and respect good beer. I stopped visiting forums for a while (came from NB and the green board) cause it didn't seem I could learn anything else from them. Well I can safely say that is not the case with this site. I stumbled across it and was wowed with the information that was available. Looks like I'm here to stay and I hope to be able to contribute at least a fraction of what I take away!

Cheers!

:mug:

Wow- that's like 15 minutes from where I'm staying! Thanks for the tip!

So you will be more in the Youngstown area than the Akron area I take it?

I don't know if they still have it, but my son bought me a Trappistes Rochefort 10 from there. It is the first beer that made me stop when I took the first sip. Well, at least the first one in a GOOD way anyhow. (It is ranked as the 5th best beer in the world on one site). I had a friend in Akron that had talked to some of us about getting us started brewing. That beer helped push me over the top.

Yes, Vintage Estates is a GREAT bottle shop. They have some taps too. Tell Ron i said hi!

I also posted some additional links in another post, but the moderator has yet to approve it. But I don't think you'll be close to them anyways.

Ryan

Welcome to the boards from good ol' Euclid, Ohio! After 7 years, hopefully you've already found and made it out to the Grape and the Granary. If not, make sure to get out there.

Yoop, I would highly recommend going to La Cave Du Vin if you're up in the Cleveland area. I'm not familiar with Youngstown, so I couldn't help with a bottle shop down there, but La Cave up in Coventry (bit east of Cleveland) is an awesome place.

Welcome to the boards from good ol' Euclid, Ohio! After 7 years, hopefully you've already found and made it out to the Grape and the Granary. If not, make sure to get out there.

Yoop, I would highly recommend going to La Cave Du Vin if you're up in the Cleveland area. I'm not familiar with Youngstown, so I couldn't help with a bottle shop down there, but La Cave up in Coventry (bit east of Cleveland) is an awesome place.

Oh yeah. That is where I get all my stuff. Great guys over there. :mug:

We had an HBT meet up there last year- great beer selection!

I'm staying in Youngstown, but will go to any HBT meet ups in the area. I'm still not 100% sure where/when, but I'm up for it!

We had an HBT meet up there last year- great beer selection!

I'm staying in Youngstown, but will go to any HBT meet ups in the area. I'm still not 100% sure where/when, but I'm up for it!

I'm pretty new to the board and have only seen one other poster mention the Youngstown area when I did a search to try and see if anyone had a water report on the city water. Perhaps start a thread and gage interest? I have a brother coming in from out of town and that will eat up 3/4 days. He is a beer drinker though and said he has been thinking about getting into brewing though..... hmmm.... :D

I'm pretty new to the board and have only seen one other poster mention the Youngstown area when I did a search to try and see if anyone had a water report on the city water. Perhaps start a thread and gage interest? I have a brother coming in from out of town and that will eat up 3/4 days. He is a beer drinker though and said he has been thinking about getting into brewing though..... hmmm.... :D

I was born in Youngstown, and get back there about two/three times a year. Next year, I will probably start only annual visits, though. I'd be game for any brewdays while I'm there, though!

I was born in Youngstown, and get back there about two/three times a year. Next year, I will probably start only annual visits, though. I'd be game for any brewdays while I'm there, though!

I'm a novice. My buddy from Akron brought his all grain equipment over to teach me. Just happened to be Halloween. Imagine the stares. We didn't call them trick-or-treaters, we called them "ingredients". :D I just did a simple extract last Saturday to get started.

I'm a native south sider. Lived in the Cleveland area for a while before moving back for my job.

Back