Here's your chance to Microbrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$75000?

$50,000 a month?

That looks like a homebrewing setup. :D

Looks like another turnkey brewing system that didn't make them any money (because most of them are really just glorified and hugely expensive Mr Beer machines, for bars and resteraunts that want to capitalize on the microbrewery "craze" without actually being passionate about brewing, and don't really want to do the work. They just buy the extract kits and add water and follow the instructions and make "beer."

Often with bad instructions not too different from the worst kit instructions that tell you to bottle after 7 days and drink a week later.

The fact that these things pop up used for sale so often, is a testament to the success of these endeavors.

Notice how it begins talking about the "potential profit generation" and not "makes quality beer." That kinda shows you to whom these systems are geared to.

I googled "This Renaissance Brewing system " and found one link buried deep in a restaurant supply website, and not on any brewing sites.....and that link was no longer working anyway. Which leads me to believe that "Renaissance Brewing systems" is no longer in business, and this poor sucker is trying to unload this albatross, to some unsuspecting bar owner or restaurateur.

I love how he says "If you think this is a bad idea...ask Mike or Brian McMenamin in Portland what they think. " I don't know much about the McMenamin chain of brewpubs, so I can't vouch for the quality of THEIR beers, to know if that is really a good recommendation or not. :D

That is a sweet set up, come on guys I'm totally sure i could make $50k a month with that. In all seriousness you could buy a used 30bbl brewhouse for what he wants. You don't get rich being a brewery typically, this guy is a nut job.

The thing that kills me is that they say you should ask the McMenamin brothers what they think of it and I know they don't use stuff like that. I'm assuming that is a Malt Extract system and they don't do extract systems.

The thing that kills me is that they say you should ask the McMenamin brothers what they think of it and I know they don't use stuff like that. I'm assuming that is a Malt Extract system and they don't do extract systems.

If it is an extract system, why are there so many vessels?

If it is an extract system, why are there so many vessels?

One vessel for each beer they serve.

tanks2.jpg

24 hour instabeer. :D

It's usually one fermenting/serving tank for every beer you choose to carry, and they bring you the extract. Here's the addabrewpub beer list.

American Pilsner (Similar to Fosters’ Lager)
Red Ale (Similar to Bass Ale)
Bock Dark (Similar to Becks’ Dark)
Light Wheat
Red Wheat
Dark Wheat
Pale Ale
Nut Brown Ale
Stout

Oh, those didnt look like sealed vessels to me, more like tuns with lids. Then of course the boiler on the right.

Oh, those didnt look like sealed vessels to me, more like tuns with lids. Then of course the boiler on the right.

It depends on the system, like I said I can't find any pics or info on Rennaisance Brewing systems...these pics are from the addabrewpub system, which is no boil.....My understanding most of these systems are no boil ones.

Most of the turnkey systems that hit the used market are the addabrewpub line.

The picture in Craiglist does look like a broiler though. Maybe this one boils the wort.

That is a sweet set up, come on guys I'm totally sure i could make $50k a month with that. In all seriousness you could buy a used 30bbl brewhouse for what he wants. You don't get rich being a brewery typically, this guy is a nut job.

You may not get "rich" financially (that is if your idea of rich is being a multi-millionaire), but you can be the richest man (or woman) in the world running a brewery, because you'd be making a fairly comfortable living (if your brewery is successful) doing something you love and something you are passionate about - that is something that not alot of people in this world can say.

FYI though, Jim Koch's stake in the Boston Beer Co. as of 1999 was 5.6 million shares worth an estimated $53 million dollars. I'd say that man is considerably "rich" and he started with nothing more than a homebrew kit and a recipe scrawled on an old slip of paper. Not typical, but possible.

This is about the same as starting a pizza shop and buying an oven and a bunch of frozen pizza's - rather then making your own from scratch.

This guy is still trying to sell the same system, only with adjusted numbers "$27,950 OBO" and "can generate over $30k each month".
His price is still insane considering the used brewhouses you can buy from NABS for half the price, or the new 1bbl setup you could build for an eighth of the price.

In another ad he is looking for a business partner to help him sell this system to bars and restaurants. As Revvy noted, finding any information about "Renaissance Brewing System" on the internet is impossible, so the guy really does need help with marketing!

"Exclusive product, we own the technology", yet this looks exactly like the Stoelting/Polar Ware "Home Brewery in a box" with the water jacket/heat exchange design. Which is funny because someone with the same phone number is trying to sell a used Stoelting Home Brewery in another craigslisting. Hehe.

I always thought that the Stoelting units were pretty neat, for an apartment or dorm, since they included the burner and all, although over priced. Surprised Polar Ware dropped it rather than improving it.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/bsm51360/2bbl_CL_ad_11copy.jpg
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz45/bsm51360/brewery.jpg

Back