Here I go again.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCacheGuy

Reaction score
Ok so Now the fermentation in my Whitehouse honey ale has stopped. But he beer is cloudy, is it supposed to be cloudy when bottling? Smells AWesome!!!:ban::mug:

Yes and no. It all depends on the yeast, some drop out, some stay in suspension. You can always crash cool and/or gelatin to clear it up. Search that if you're interested.

Now: the air lock not bubbling doesn't mean it's done. Gravity readings a day or two a part is needed. Once the gravity stops changing you can bottle. 2-3 readings that are the same means its done.

Test it to see if it's in FG range listed. Check it two days from now,if the numbers are the same then it's done. Give it another 3-7 days to clean up & settle out clear or slightly misty.

Regardless of when the airlock stops bluping i always leave primary for ATLEAST 2 weeks before racking. Helps to floc more yeast.

Check gravity over 3 days and make sure it stays the same.

My point is,you know it's done & leave all the yeast & trub sediment behind when racking over to bottling bucket. I get no more than a light dusting on the bottom of the bottles come fridge time.

Time, additives, or temp can be used to clear your beer. I suggest putting it somewhere cold and leaving it for a few days to a few weeks. It will all fall out eventually (Ok, it will never all fallout, but it can get near crystal clear).

Latest posts

Back