help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normeller

Reaction score
Brewing a pale ale all grain today. When transferring my mash to the spaarge bucket I spilled about one third of my grain mash. I continued to sparge and collected about 5 gallons which is now on the boil, however my sg is low about 1040. Can I add regular table sugar to the boil or what remedies can I take if any. Help

Add light DME or LME at the last 20min. THIS is the page I always refer to if I need to make this calculation. You can always boil off more, which beersmith has a calculator for, as long as you have an idea of your boil rate. If you do this, you need to make adjustments for your hop additions.

How far off are you?

Normeller - I would second what Chapa says. Also, you should check out my brew chart (link in my signature). It will actually tell you where your beer is at as you're brewing (brewday numbers section) and actually tells you exactly how much DME or LME you would need to meet your recipe expectations.

Hope the beer turns out well.

cp

Back