Help with regulator part..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel4616

Reaction score
Hey, my CO2 tank with dual regulator attached was tipped over, and sure enough it fell directly on the dual gauges. This broke off from the main regulator, but left the screw inside the center piece. My question is: Is there a place that sell just the center piece of the regulator?!!? Id hate to go and buy a brand new 2 gauge regulator of this... I have the screw extractor #5, but it seems the metal on the regulator is too soft. Its just chipping away...

Also, I dont know the name for this "center piece" so I dont know how to search to try and find the part. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel.

can i combine two single outlet regulators with that nipple to make a double feed regulator?

The close nipple that connects the two regulators is what broke off into the center piece. Its the piece that has the screw to allow more CO2 in.

Its the red piece shown here:

842.jpg

I think that regulator is right hand threaded so you should be able to extract it. It might be glued in with loctite. It's going to be a PIA.

If you can get one side out you may just have to move the high pressure gauge or the CO2 connection stem to make it a single regulator.

I have been trying to extract it, but the regulators metal seems too soft. Its just not working very well. Do they sell these pieces alone? Or do they all come with gauges and connections?

:(

You can drill out using a bit slightly smaller and what is left has lost it's integrity and can usually be removed unless they used some permanent thread locker or other well set pipe dope. It requires a steady hand or drill press to make sure you don't mess things up. By the time you are all done with the work and parts, you may be better off buying another one.

Latest posts

Back