Help with recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer_Ted

Reaction score
Newbie here. First I would like to say how invaluable this site has been as a new brewer. What a great community! OK, on with my question.
I have some left over ingredients that I would like to use. What I have is:

3.3 lbs pilsen light LME
2 lbs light DME
1 lb pilsen light DME
1 lb wheat DME
1 packet of Safale s-04 yeast

I would like some suggestions of specialty grains and hops that would work with the above. TIA

I would like some suggestions of specialty grains and hops that would work with the above. TIA

Hmmm, You could do a light lager (minus the wheat and substituting the yeast for lager yeast and adding some noble hops like Hallertauer, Tettnanger and/or Spalt) but lager is not neccessarily a newbie undertaking.

Any specialty grains and hops will work, if you're going to add to it you should have a style in mind. We can help from there, brew what you like to drink.:mug:

Maybe some crystal 10-20 some vienna malt,honey malt. Try some low color malts buy some and taste them. Maybe some cascade hops. I like chinook and amarillo. I wouldnt get above 30 ibu's with the hops. I would say cool your wort below 70 before pitching that yeast.Unless you want esters.

With that base, you can brew almost any beer that you'd like.

Tell us what you like to drink and we can help you with a recipe.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am going for a pale ale style. I picked up 8oz. of Crystal 10L and 8 oz. of honey malt for my grains and 1oz each of Saaz, Chinook, and Tettnang hops. Does that sound like a solid recipe?

Back