Help with recipe please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emccarthy25

Reaction score
So, a couple of years ago my wife and I went on a tour of Redhook in Portsmouth and really enjoyed their summer wheat they were brewing. I'd like to clone that beer if possible. I'm not sure if anyone here has ever tried it(I can't find any information online about it so no reviews for comparison)

here is what my wife told me she remembers about it
very flowery aroma(very slight earthy undertones perhaps?)
not much head
light mouth feel
refreshing, but mildly warm going down
not much hop bitterness
perhaps a slight sweetness
not really citrusy but had some fruity undertones

I've started working on this, and since I have it, my first atttempt will be using a can of Mr. Beer Whispering Wheat hopped malt extract.

here's what I have so far:

1 can Mr. Beer Whispering Wheat Weizenbier
1 lb. Wheat Dry Extract
12 oz. American Crystal 10L

.5 oz Cascade hops 60 min
.5 oz Casdade 10 min
1 oz Cascade Flameout

This is for a 2.5 gal(or so) batch in my Mr. Beer fermenter (haven't graduated to the big boy kits yet ;) I'm sure I need to use a variety of hops, but between those and the fact I will probably not be using the Mr. Beer extracts in the future to clone this will make this a challenge to initially make and to replicate again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: I had a conversation with someone at Red Hook brewery and found out that the beer I remembered is their Wit beer. I hope this helps with getting some suggestions. Thanks again!

Back