Help with next recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavball6

Reaction score
Hi all,
I really am at a loss as to what to brew next... I am thinking of trying EdWort's house pale ale since my 1st brew ever was a pale ale that I wasn't happy with, but I am also interested in trying a new style as well.

I have already brewed APA, Belgian Wit, IPA, Stout, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Kolsch, American Wheat and a Black IPA.

I just kegged the Black IPA (my first in the new keezer).

Hit me with your favorites that fit into my something new category! Or, yell at me to try EdWort's Pale Ale!

Thanks for helping with my indecisiveness.

Try brewing a saison. They are good to brew in the summer because they can ferment at high temperatures. Try something simple with nearly all pilsner malt, a little wheat or rye, and maybe a little munich malt. Let the yeast do its thing and provide most of the flavor. Try Wyeast 3711 if you want it easy, or Wyeast 3724, which can be difficult but provides some great flavors you can't get from 3711.

I like Belgian Tripels. They take a couple months, though -- what time frame do you need?

Its really difficult to say 'brew this or brew that' since we dont know what type of set up you have...

that being said, i say Breakfast Stout. only because thats what i'm doing next. (to hell with summer beers!)

As I think about it more, I am probably looking for something that is great on draft (since I just finished the keezer) and would serve as a contrast to the Black IPA I just kegged. Maybe a lower alcohol summer drinker? I probably would want something that has a normal time frame in order to help build up my "on tap" pipeline.

Thanks for the suggestions... Keep 'em comin' if you've got 'em!

Back