Help with formulating a recipe for tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chhc10

Reaction score
So i brewed my first all grain batch on my new system but while weighing out the grains i realized that i messed up. I was brewing a northern brewer's cream ale recipe and realized i dumped .75lbs of belgian biscuit malt in with the called 7lbs of 2-row.

I was supposed to add .25lbs of biscuit and .75 of gambrinus honey malt instead. So now i have 7lbs of rahr 2-row mixed in with .75 of belgian biscuit. Any ideas on what i can do with it? I was thinking of just adding the rest of the gambrinus honey malt i have .25lbs but I do not have clusters, which i used in the other batch. Here is a list of what i have to add to the recipe.

Hops: 7 oz cascades, 3 oz centennials, 2oz fuggles, 2 oz chinook.

malt: .25 lbs gambrinus honey malt, 1.0 lbs 2-row caramel malt 40L, 2lbs munich, 10lbs maris otter.

yeast: WLP001 and WLP002

Looking to brew anything that would work with the 7lbs of rahr 2 row and .75 belgian biscuit malt.

Thanks!

14 ounces of hops in a cream ale, no way!

You said in first sentence "you brewed it" , and in last sentence "looking to brew it", so which is it ? ?

The little mix up on specialty grains is minor and insignificant in the long run. Probably I am too stupid to really get our question, but I'm not getting it exactly, your question.

I think those are his "extra usable ingredients". You have bittering hops and flavor hops there... just make something and see what happens. Sometimes its fun to experiment. And, then you can call it your "own" recipe.

Easy - an IPA!

Don't know what your efficiency or hop's alphas are... but I would guess this would be delicious... malty body with some nice citrus hops...

Target 1.065 OG

Your 7 Lbs of 2-row +.75 Biscuit
enough MO to reach OG target
.5 lb Crystal 40
.25 lb honey malt (or half of this)

Target, i dunno, 60 ibu's?

1-1.5oz Chinook (enough to get ibu's)
1oz cascades (15)
1oz centennial (15)
1 oz cascades (5)
1 oz centennial (FO)
2oz cascades (DH)
optional 1oz centennial (DH) if you like lots of hops in your ipa's

and with the maris otter in there, I would use the english yeast, it can make great IPA's.

ESB, APA, Amber, IPA, or barleywine can all be made pretty easily from what you got.

Latest posts

Back