Help on a recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshivit-brew

Reaction score
Looking for a not overly bitter Ipa. Frutey with a nice malt back bone. I have never used citra or mosaic hops so let me know what you think. Not sure if I want to dry hop or not yet.

5.5gal batch

7lb 2 row
5lb MO
1lb Munich
1lb crystal 10L
8oz wheat

Columbus 1/2oz 60min
Amarillo 1/2 oz 10min
Centennial 1oz 10min
Amarillo 1oz 5min
Citra 1oz 5min
Mosaic 1oz 5min
Amarillo 1oz whirlpool

1968 esb yeast

Mash 60min 152

OG 1.073
FG 1.018
Ibu 59.2
SRM 8.0

Thanks miss yooper. Any thoughts on the dry hopping? Every time I dry hop I enjoy what it brings but I always seem to get that little extra bitter like sucking a percimon l don't care for.

Thanks miss yooper. Any thoughts on the dry hopping? Every time I dry hop I enjoy what it brings but I always seem to get that little extra bitter like sucking a percimon l don't care for.

I don't get bitter from dryhops- I wonder if you dryhop a long time and get some excess polyphenols from the hops? Does it happen whether you use pellets or whole hops?

I use pellet. Just did a keg with dry hop and it turned into a milkshake cloud and had the bitter. It is getting better with time. Maybe I am just being to impatient with it.I guess I should say I hit it with 3oz cascade and it was already carbed up. It was an experiment batch that was lacking and I was trying to make up for it.

Well it is now in the fermenter. I will post on it in a few weeks once kegged up and ready to go.

Ok I brewed this and did dry hop with 1oz each mosaic, citra, Amarillo. It's now in the keg but not fully carbed up all the way. All I can say is thanks yooper for your reply I'm glad I brewed it. It is fantastic. It's every thing I was looking for in this beer and I would rank in the top 2 IPA's I have ever made.
Not supper bitter not overly sweet. It finished at 1.012 FG. I wish there was a competition around me to enter it in to see how it would do.

Back