Help! Need ideas for a Stag do - what's been your best one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd2

Reaction score
Because of the wealth of knowledge and ideas on HBT I turn to you guys for suggestions.
I am organising a stag do - just for one day. Of course I have offered to provide some good homebrews for the cause but I am at a bit of a loss for activity ideas. The guest list will be from mid-20s through to 50s and we want to do something everyone can join in with.
My thoughts were to do some sort of group activity during the afternoon, then a BBQ dinner (we'll cook - steaks, sausages, burgers, 'slaw and buns should cover all the food groups... oh and homebrew!). Then out on the town for the night. I am guessing that the "older" crowd might head at this stage of the evening.
We also don't want this to blow a hole in anyone’s wallet.

My current ideas are:
- A poker tournament during the afternoon, we'll rent proper tables/gear and each put in $20 or so. Play till half time then put the top/bottom 5 from each table together and then the winners split the kitty. Good thing about this is most likely the winners will shout a round with the winnings during the evening!
-Bar treasure hunt: Basically a pub crawl but with challanges that the stag (or others) must complete at each pub before moving on. Could be anything from getting the bartender to let him pour his own pint to getting a female patron to wax his inner thigh (that ones payback:D) to even worst (give me ideas)

Kind of want something a bit more orignal than "get him drunk, get him naked and tie him to a lamp post!"

So what have you guys done for a stag that was fun, provide some good laughs at the stags expense and that most people could be involve in (for the day event anyway).

Me and some buddies went paintballing at an outdoor arena nearby during college once, and had a bachelor party join us. They were all dressed in full camouflage.... except the bachelor. They made him wear blaze orange from head to toe. (Turns out they were all U.S. Federal Marshals. Not many people get to say they shot a US Marshal and had his buddy high-five you for it :))

A friend of mine, for his big night out, was forced to carry an inflatable...uh....companion... around with him to all of the bars all night long.

Me and some buddies went paintballing at an outdoor arena nearby during college once, and had a bachelor party join us. They were all dressed in full camouflage.... except the bachelor. They made him wear blaze orange from head to toe. (Turns out they were all U.S. Federal Marshals. Not many people get to say they shot a US Marshal and had his buddy high-five you for it :))

A friend of mine, for his big night out, was forced to carry an inflatable...uh....companion... around with him to all of the bars all night long.

I don't know about the paintball, a few of our other mates have done it for their stags so it might be getting a bit repetitive now. Plus I don't know how the older guys would take it ;)
As for carrying stuff around I was thinking that I might fabricate a ball & chain out of some 4 or 5" pipe end caps and make him carry it around all night - only problem is I don't know how kindly bouncers will look at what is basically a medieval weapon being taken into their bars! :D

I don't know about the paintball, a few of our other mates have done it for their stags so it might be getting a bit repetitive now. Plus I don't know how the older guys would take it ;)
As for carrying stuff around I was thinking that I might fabricate a ball & chain out of some 4 or 5" pipe end caps and make him carry it around all night - only problem is I don't know how kindly bouncers will look at what is basically a medieval weapon being taken into their bars! :D
At a friend of mine's wedding, one of his high school friends made a ball & chain.... bowling ball, about 3' of log chain, and a shackle. Four of us wrestled him out onto the dance floor and restrained him while the shackle was padlocked around his ankle... and then we gave his wife the key. She freaking LOVED it. (he thought it was pretty funny, too)

designated drivers and rent 1 or more 15 passenger vans. Nothing ruins a party like the spinning red lights. Take care of the drivers with bonus upgraded food or a gift.

Why would the older guys not go for the whole night? I'm an older guy, and I'd damn sure go for the whole thing........(I'd try, anyway, you might find me sleeping in the van about 10:30, but that's beside the point). :mug:

Why would the older guys not go for the whole night? I'm an older guy, and I'd damn sure go for the whole thing........(I'd try, anyway, you might find me sleeping in the van about 10:30, but that's beside the point). :mug:

I don't think it would be the late night so much as the older guys I'm thinking might shot off early would be on the brides side of the family - kind of allowing the groom to have his night out without feeling like he has to be on good behaviour :D Anyone "should" be able to handle the night stuff - it's the day stuff that I don't want to turn up somewhere and 1/4 of the guest sit on the sideline due to "bad backs".
On my stag my FIL stayed only for the first bit and my dad came out and left before things got to wild (if you can call it that - getting naked in a strip club isn't wild is it?:D). I guess what I'm saying is I don't expect them to leave but I don't know if they'll stay, and it doesn't matter either way as if they stay they should be expecting some normal stag night antics!

Back