Help me make my vacation an awesome one! What should I brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepydave

Reaction score
Yes it's another noob thread.
I am on my second batch of homebrew, first was an oaked amber that came out really nice fresh but got a cider-like quality to it after four months in the bottle (because of conditioning with normal sugar?).

I am looking for suggestions for a partial mash recipe that I can whip up that will be ready within four months (or will last that long at least), so I can bring down the entire batch in a keg to Virginia Beach in September.

*Must be partial mash, it's how I like doing things...
*I am still a bit too stupid to convert recipes, if anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.
*Recipe must be for a style that will be appreciated by non beer geeks (people that cringe at the idea of a lambic or even at most barleywines)
*I do not want a session beer, looking to be around ~7-9abv.

If anyone has a recipe that fits the bill I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers all and thanks for putting up with my crap :cross:
dave

"*Recipe must be for a style that will be appreciated by non beer geeks (people that cringe at the idea of a lambic or even at most barleywines)
*I do not want a session beer, looking to be around ~7-9abv."

I find these two to be mutually exclusive, but setting that aside, check out Extreme Brewing by Sam Calagione. Contains some fun-to-brew partial mash recipes that push the envelope. I don't have my copy handy or else I'd post something myself. Maybe you could run to the bookstore or find something online.

Back