Help me build a wedding menu. Recipe suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facticity

Reaction score
Hello All,

After about a dozen partial mash brews, I've finally assembled my all-grain system and will be brewing my first batch on it soon. The plan is to make 5-6 20L batches for our wedding of 30-40 people in June.

My initial thoughts on the menu include:

Lager (to appeal to the common folk)
Pale Ale (most popular style around here)
Porter or Oatmeal Stout (for a smooth dark option)
Strong Belgian Ale (a dubbel or tripel, for a strong option)
Pineapple Hefweizen (wife's favorite)
Saison (my favorite)

Orval is my favorite brew of all time, I would die if I managed to clone it properly. That, or a Fin du Monde clone would make me very happy. Anyone with these recipes please pipe up!

I'd appreciate any additional ideas on style, and please leave me your favorite recipes of the styles listed.

My first thought would to limit their choices down a few, and double down on some.
I'd do 40L of Lager
40L of pale ale, maybe 2 different ones.
Ditch the porter AND the belgium
20L of pineapple hefe since it's the wifes favorite
That's 100L of beer, 25 gallons for 40 people, that's 250 beers, or 6 beers each person
brew the Saison and bring 12 bottles of it... yes, bottle it.
then if you have an open keg, brew a wine, something fruity, and carb it...

There's an Orval recipe here: http://www.candisyrup.com/recipes.html

If you want solid recipes for some beers, look on Northern Brewer's website. All of their kits have the recipe available for download. I've made quite a few of them, and they've all been very good. You could buy them there, or just grab the recipes and buy elsewhere.

Brewing Classic Styles is also a great source of fantastic recipes.

Kiss Yer Cousin Kentucky Common (in ale recipe section) is the crowd-pleaser - light, smooth, unique, beautiful brown-mahogany, long velvety head - that would top any list for me, particularly if connoisseurs and commoners are to drink from the same keg. Perfect for summer. Easy to brew too. It's the one beer my wife drinks. And it's definitely one of my favorites. Cracking one open right now! Dang.

Back