Help,kegerator won't get below 50f

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singybrue

Reaction score
I have a kegerator I made from a Frigidaire Model FRC445GB mini fridge about 2 years ago.
Starting about a week ago, the temperature won't get below about 50f.
I had it on an stc-1000+ controller, and tried it just straight plugged in on the coldest setting, but it still won't get below 50. It's been set at 42f for most of its life.
The compressor runs, and the sides get warm like usual. I get ice build-up at the interior up near the top just like always.
Any ideas on how to diagnose?
Is it a relay, or the temp sensor?
Is the relay the thing at the original control/light assembly that all the wires spade connect to?

Last edited:
I have a kegerator I made from a Frigidaire Model FRC445GB mini fridge about 2 years ago.
Starting about a week ago, the temperature won't get below about 50f.
I had it on an stc-1000+ controller, and tried it just straight plugged in on the coldest setting, but it still won't get below 50. It's been set at 42f for most of its life.
The compressor runs, and the sides get warm like usual. I get ice build-up at the interior up near the top just like always.
Any ideas on how to diagnose?
Is it a relay, or the temp sensor?
Is the relay the thing at the original control/light assembly that all the wires spade connect to?

If you're getting ice buildup it likely isn't any of your sensors or settings. Maybe try putting a small fan to circulate air?

Does the compressor run longer than normal? Continuously?

Though I'm definitely not an HVAC/refer guy, I did recently have an issue with my house ac unit freezing, due to a coolant leak. At the possibility of spreading bad information maybe you have a similar leak?

Back