Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgfrede

Reaction score
Its been awhile since I have last been on here, but its also been awhile since I have been able to make anything.

I got into making booze when I was a kid when I saw my grandpa making it in his workshop form time to time. I would sneak sips and always think they were horrible but always kept tasting.:cross:. In high school my buddy and I tried making some in his basement. We used bread yeast and orange juice and sugar thinkin we were goin to get sumthin good out of it... Not really. He tried it and got sick.

I so far have made dandelion wine (tasted a lot like moscato), blackberry wine, black raspberry wine, and a dark english ale I made up (my first beer) which ended up very hoppy. I recently tried one that has been aging for a year and its great! I primed it with fructose and sugar.

Right now I just made concord grape wine with hints of pomagranate and prickly pear. Two different batches each with a different yeast.

I hope to be on here a lot more in the future when I try to make an Amber Ale (and a Bock to follow) and a Wheat Shandy (made with Indian Sumac). Hope I can get to them soon!:tank:

Back