Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadmadame

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a Californian who makes mead at home. The first batch was a clover honey and agave blend and the darn thing took first place in a really minor competition. Beginner's luck, perhaps. Suddenly people thought I knew what I was doing.

So a few other things are going in the mad science kitchen laboratory: recently bottled a lime and coconut mead (inspired by the '70s pop song), getting set to do a pina colada melomel inspired by another '70s song. My friends rate these on a scale of Mr. Howell to Little Buddy.

Also currently underway is a recreation of a fourteenth century French mead adapted from period recipes. That one is nearly ready for racking. Have started two nearly identical tej batches: one with gesho inchet and the other with kitel.

A local club has been wonderful about advice and assistance. Homebrewtalk has been one of the online sources where I've also researched. So hello everyone. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Welcome aboard! I love brewing beer, but will eventually try mead. I hope you continue to enjoy the sage advice of the folks here at HBT. BTW, the "scale of Mr. Howell to Little Buddy" is an absolute riot.... I love it!

Back