Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritchie

Reaction score
Hello to all

I am new to this message board as well as to home brewing. Im starting out small and having great sucess with my mr beer kits. I feel i need to learn the basics before moving up to a more complex brewing system. But at the same time im the only beer drinker in my house so going biger might not work out for me. I have brewed several batches and all have came out awsome. Looking forward to getting some help and tips.

Welcome to the forum. I too am the only drinker and I like to have a choice of beers on hand so always making 5 gallon batches leaves me with lots and lots of full bottles and my fermenter is being used and the weather is too cold for working outside. So what can I do??? Well, I decided that I would like to learn how to do an all grain recipe but since I don't have many empty bottles I researched "brew in a bag" and asked questions about doing it as a half batch. Now I have 2 half batches fermenting and thinking about where to get another fermenter and more bottles.

One of the ways to get empty bottles is to share with friends, telling them to save the bottles for you and educating them on what kind of top you need on the bottle to reuse them so they will save the pop off top bottles for you.

Ya thats what i do also to get bottles. I did buy some grolsch to have some flip top bottles. Then i bought some 16oz and 22oz flip top bottles.

Great way to start.That way you can learn as you grow/go and get exactly what you need. Enjoy!

B

Back